SNP semi-structured interviews
These semi-structured interviews are intended to collect data about the third key question that the schome-NAGTY Teen Second Life Pilot is investigating, namely: To what extent do the SParkers develop knowledge age skills?
The core questions
We are currently at the stage of agreeing what core questions we should ask in order to help us answer that key question - help us to decide by contributing to the discussion in the forum which will feed into the questions that we are developing on this page.
We agreed in the research meeting on the 30th March 2007 that we would work together to develop four core questions that all the researchers would ask, and that each researcher would also ask a couple of additional questions that they had come up with themselves.
We need to remember that all of these questions should be focussed on helping us to answer the key question: To what extent do the SParkers develop knowledge age skills?
The 4 core questions
- What have you done in Schome Park so far (describe in as much detail)?
- How important has teamwork and leadership been to you in achieving things in TSL?
- How does TSL affect your confidence and the sorts of communications you have?
- In what ways have you had to problem solve and be creative in adapting to life in TSL?
Add the questions you would like to ask here - some of these additional questions might well become the 4 core questions if lots of folk agree that they are going to help us answer our key question (To what extent do the SParkers develop knowledge age skills?)
- Add your question under here (put an * at the front, then your question)
- What do you think you have learnt from your involvement in Schome Park (or the schome-NAGTY Teen Second Life Pilot more generally)?
- When you have been in-world what has motivated you to get involved in TSL?
- What have you found most difficult / frustrating in TSL?
Doing the interviews
Once we have agreed the questions we should ask then we need to sort out who is going to interview whom - and agree the process (including stuff on ethics and how to ask questions etc).
Record of who has been interviewed
|Put interviewer name||Put interviewee name (put date and time of interview)|