Ways in which to promote the Schome vision:
• Mass advertising in the form of television broadcast
• Actively encourage people to submit idea i.e. competitions etc.
• Press pack reports? Newsround?
• Schools could help provoke idea though citizenship lessons and assemblies.
• Activity trips with feedback. For example: make the ‘ideal school’ then get students to experience it for a day and give feedback.
• Make subtle changes to the school day and see how students adapt
• Have ‘alternative’ school days where the experience of going to school is different and gauge the difference it make to the learning attitude and atmosphere
• Presentation Packs
The Ideas in BOLD are the main things we are working on. Any ideas how to move them forward or ways in which they could be implemented would be appreciated!
My Schome Vision
My Ideas for the ‘ideal school’:
• Laptops for each student
• All work should be computerized, this would aid future learning
• Learning ‘wherever, whenever!’
• Bookable Video Conferencing for teachers to assist you in problems
• Flexible learning space
• Small class sizes
• Classrooms should have good aesthetics
• Work should be published and then it is the pupils responsibility to complete the work at their own pace
• Go ‘paperless’
• Teachers notes from interactive boards should be sent to all pupils for future reference
StBoniface's College favourite websites #Steve 10D/G [My Favourite Websites:]
What Makes a Good Website?
My Favourite Website:
Why do I like this website?
I like this website as it is easy to navigate around, it has clear links and is set out in three columns. It has a few bright moving pictures. The main webpage colour is white which i think helps prevent overcrowding on the page.
I think a good webpage should have these things:
• A clear layout
• Good navigation
• Should have a few images which should help illustrate the website content
• Not be overcrowded
• Not use too many colours
• Have good aesthetics
• Provide valuable information to the reader, not a lot of data
• Be interactive
• Be well organized