Second Life Mentors
Mentoring in Schome Park
This is the place to consider working with visitors to Schome Park. What will we be doing, why and when?
What we will be doing
- Providing advice, help and support.
- Being a presence so the island does not ever feel desolate.
- Monitoring behaviour.
- Building and maintaining the facilities.
- Collecting data. For example: what are people doing on the island, what would they like to do on the island, which queries do people have, what probems do visitors face?
- Forwarding queries which cannot be answered on the spot.
- Encouraging visitors to use this wiki.
- Collecting references to webpages where visitors are discussing their experience on Schome Park.
Somebody will be working in Schome Park two hours a day, seven days a week.
We are expecting most visitors between 3.30pm and 6pm GMT, when formal schooling is over for the day, but access to school computers is still possible. There may also be a peak at lunchtime, for the same reasons.
The project manager will be in charge of the schedule.
There are currently three computers available at the Open University for Schomers to use if they need a reliable connection to Second Life.
National Association of Gifted and Talented Youth
The National Association of Gifted and Talented Youth (NAGTY) will be interested to discover:
- Do participants engage more with Schome Park than they do with current NAGTY activities?
- Are they learning things which are relvant and useful to them in the real world?