Compilation of the Favourite Characteristics
By compiling all the favourite characterisitics from the StBoniface's College favourite websites page, we can start to see what a website might need to have to successfully attract young people in order to engage them in schome vision building...
- Clarity of accessing links
- Visual clarity eg
- use of columns to divide up pages
- use of a small number of bright moving pictures
- use of images which "show the website content"
- white or simple background colour to "prevent overcrowding"
- excellent graphics (we would really like to see some examples of what makes excellent graphics)
Keep It Interesting
- Large enougth array of pages to keep people exploring
- Keeping pages up to date
- Including new ideas regularly
- Make it fun, with a sense of humour!
Free downloads – music, ring tones (would podcasts be good here too?)
Connections to personal interests eg sport, music
Use of technology like webcams