Author Topic: Major Re-development  (Read 5306 times)

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
  • :-)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Major Re-development
« on: April 26, 2007, 06:43:01 PM »
I really love being in Schome Park, always looking for improvements though. Sat here waiting for the grid to come online I thought we could delete a part of Schome Island and completely re-scape it. Don't know why, but if anyone can tell me what would go there then I'll pursure the issue further.

Enlighten me why i posted this please
-Mars

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
  • :-)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: Major Re-development
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 05:52:51 PM »
What about chopping the sandbox in half and creating schome house or something?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 05:13:47 PM by Marsbar9 Schomer »
-Mars

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 10:23:09 PM »
We need the building group to be set up - and there is progress in the govenance discussion about this - then we can start to priorities the builds we need and decide where they should go.

There is certainly no problem in principle with altering the existing builds at ground level (as Woop did when the Plaza was replaced by the SLibrary - based on the sensors showing that the Plaza was not getting much use).

So we need a coherent plan for the development of the island as a whole - which should come from the building group's discussions ....

Offline Baso Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Desfrites
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 08:09:17 AM »
exactly, for example removing that bike thing cos nobody uses it, try and update reception....
!!Baso!!

Offline Dan

• View Profile
    • Dan's Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 08:45:14 AM »
You will also notice that some prime real estate has opened up at the north end of the island (north of the archaeology area).  Previously you could find the multi-coloured board thing and the other blue board thing with lots of funny pieces and shapes on it (both staff ideas from way way back...).

Personally I'd be keen to keep the water for sailing, but how about building Schome Parks first buildings on 'stilts' rising out of the water?
SL: Woop Superior (MG) / Woop Kamachi (TG)
RL: Dan

Offline Baso Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Desfrites
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 11:55:29 AM »
actually...i was thinking of that...and building in the water to as a level.....should be rather grand...hey we could be like plumbers and use tubes :P
!!Baso!!

Offline mgaved

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 03:06:22 PM »
How about we (the support staff) ask the Building/Development team the SParkers are setting up to decide what gets built there (rather than taking the decision ourselves) ?
Teen Second Life: Mark Sparker / Second Life: Redmark Hax