Author Topic: Times when you can be online in Teen SL  (Read 5913 times)

Offline Troubleat Mills

• View Profile
Times when you can be online in Teen SL
« on: March 21, 2007, 11:50:55 AM »
This is an important message to everyone signed up for Teen SL.
We, the physics convenors especially, would like some feedback as to when you are and aren't able to get online. This is so we can run groups at a time that suits you and your availability.

For those who don't have a computer at home and rely on using a PC at school, we also need to know what times of day suit you.

Induction and group sessions have been set up for lunchtimes at the moment, but it appears this is not a convenient time for most, even those who only have access to a computer while at school.

Thanks for your help,
Trouble
Teen Second Life: Troubleat Mills   /  Second Life: (two lives, two names and two different egos!!) Callisto Carter and Maisy Mayo

Offline Marko Schomer

• View Profile
Re: Times when you can be online in Teen SL
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 01:19:42 PM »
I will be pretty much unable to use any computers at school for any sessions, even if the IT technicians can be persuaded to allow the program to be installed. My lunchtimes change from day to day, and only last 30 minutes anyway (in which time I have to eat my lunch as well) I've got a break in the mornings, but this is only 20 minutes, and the time of it changes. I'll be able to do small sections at school, but not any full sessions. At home, I should be able to do sessions from 18:00 onwards most days, though other people will want to use the main PC. On weekends I should be able to change the times of what I'm doing if it's necessary.

Basically, I'll be able to do experiments and builds in small sections at school or home, but the time when I'll be able to do sessions is really only after 6 or at weekends.

Offline Wolf (aka Mirage)

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • well you don't want to meet me on a dark night
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 04:50:47 PM »
i can only get on at home and when my mum lets me so... i'm going to be unpredictable for a while
Mirage - i might get furry once a month but i'm still a nice person, Lycanthrope

Offline Aladdin Schomer

• SParkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 05:17:22 PM »
i can only get on at home, so im not available before 4.30 excpet monday and fridays, (and every other thursday), where it's before 3.30... but i can make a few afternoon sessions depending on the days and times as i may have free lessons, so can come home to get logged on to TSL..... (i have a compliated school timetable i know... its not an easy life)

Offline Decimus Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 06:05:56 PM »
We, the physics convenors especially, would like some feedback as to when you are and aren't able to get online. This is so we can run groups at a time that suits you and your availability.
I keep forgetting to ask about the computer my school was supposed to set up for me...

Anyway, as I've said in several places, any time from ~6pm to ~9/10pm on weekdays and ~1pm to ~9/10pm on weekends would be OK.

Offline Explo Schomer

• Nice, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 08:50:27 AM »
Evenings are best, from about 6 o'clock preferably.
'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.

Offline Trixxiee Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 02:49:59 PM »
I can't get online at school at all. My G&T co-ord was meant to get a computer set up for me, but that didn't seem to happen. Weekends are the best for me, because I have a load of homework after school, but I could probably manage from about 6.30/7pm most nights, and I'm online up until 9.30/10pm.

-Trix
On hiatus until further notice. Will be checking in occasionally.

Offline JinxyPinxy Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • Diamond in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 05:17:11 PM »
From ~ 6-9 in the evenings...weekends are a little unpredictable for me!

Offline Kali Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 06:43:37 PM »
after 6 in the evening would be good
i really can't wait to join a physics session
 lol

Offline The Professor

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
    • Schome Wiki User Page
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 03:29:06 PM »
I would love to join a Physics Gropu Meeting, but as you say, all the meetings so far are at lunchtime, and even if I did use the computers at school, our lunches are later than most (13:10- 13:50) so cannot go to them.

Ideally for me, group sessions would be later in the afternoon, from about 4pm until 7pm, but I don't know how others would feel about his.
If at first you don't succeed, you fail, and the test will be terminated.