Author Topic: Get planning agreement or lose it!  (Read 13497 times)

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
Get planning agreement or lose it!
« on: March 14, 2007, 09:36:30 PM »
After the first wild fling of excitement - where pretty much anything went - we have now reached the stage where folk need to be a bit more careful about where they build.

The problem being that if everyone just built whatever and where ever they liked then we would (a) run out of space and (b) exceed the prim limit for the island/sim (you can have a maximum of 15,000 prims per island - and some objects can contain literally hundreds of prims)

So we need to sort out a mechanism for making sure folk can do what they want - without us running out of space or exceeding our prim count. My suggestion is that there are two (or maybe three) options:
  • Keep your builds in the sandbox - but be aware that it will be swept every now and again
  • Post a message in the Schome Park proposals discussion board (ie this one) saying what you want to build and we will allocate you some space (which might be above ground level - like at 200metres)
  • Just build in the sky - but be aware that when we start to get too close to our prim count we will go around deleting builds - particularly ones that have a high prim count - and ones that have not been discussed in the Schome Park proposals discussion board

:o Be aware that anything at ground level that is not in the sandbox and has not been agreed via the Schome Park proposals discussion board will be removed.

??? Hope that sounds like a fair way to go - if you have other better suggestions about how we make sure things stay manageable then suggest them ...

PeterT
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 09:58:36 AM by Fox Phlox »

Offline Decimus Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
Re: Get planning agreement or loose it!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 05:28:51 PM »
Okay then.
Well, I'd like something for my Physics experiment - I don't need much, seeing as it's just a couple of boxes, but I don't want it wiping... ::)

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 09:49:53 PM »
Okay then.
Well, I'd like something for my Physics experiment - I don't need much, seeing as it's just a couple of boxes, but I don't want it wiping... ::)
Sounds reasonable - can you liaise with NanoDave about some space in the Physics area? Maybe put a notice up by your boxes saying that you have agreement to keep them - better still with a hot link to this message?!

PeterT
PS Now there's a challenge - I'll be impressed if you can sort out how to put a hot link to a web page on an in-world noticeboard!
PPS What are you trying to find out with your Physics experiment?

Offline Decimus Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 10:15:52 PM »
I'm testing gravity.
Nanodave told me to just put it wherever in the Physics session I wandered into halfway through, so I've just put it next to the Physics area, in the place that's now covered in hanging chains :p
Just look for a pair of ickle boxes...

By the way, I think that no-one is currently on SL, seeing as there was only one other person when I left just now...

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 06:42:58 AM »
Nanodave told me to just put it wherever in the Physics session I wandered into halfway through, so I've just put it next to the Physics area, in the place that's now covered in hanging chains :p
Just look for a pair of ickle boxes...

Can you label it in some way - text floating over it or a texture on it or something so that we don't accidentally delete it - if it looks like a couple of basic wooden cubes lying around it is likely to be swept!

PeterT

Offline Decimus Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 11:36:17 AM »
Can you label it in some way
I'll do that when I next go on TSL...
(edit: I really couldn't get it working, so I've destroyed it)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 03:01:40 PM by Decimus Schomer »

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 09:18:19 PM »
(edit: I really couldn't get it working, so I've destroyed it)

That sounds like my approach too - keep trying you'll crack it ...

PeterT

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
  • :-)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: Get planning agreement or lose it!
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 01:23:25 PM »
SkyLounge

Sorry have already started building, with Baso's permission. just wondering if I can continue, several people interested and two members of staff have looked round. If possible can i have a bit of money for signs etc?
-Mars

Offline mgaved

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 01:26:57 PM »
Next time you're in world Marsbar9, ask one of the support staff and they'll be happy to give you some Linden Dollars so you can build signs.

Teen Second Life: Mark Sparker / Second Life: Redmark Hax

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 02:27:32 PM »
If possible can i have a bit of money for signs etc?

Is this on top of the L$40 that Elsa gave you yesterday?

PeterT

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Not L$40
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 04:43:48 PM »
Elsa was very kind yesterday but I was only given 20 linden dollars. I remember because I when I logged out I checked how much money I had and planned some more signs to upload. So I didn't get L$40, only 20
-Mars

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 04:49:08 PM »
ooh! forgot to ask aswell, I'm hoping to start a museum/gallery for people to show off their small items and paintings. Please can I have permission ?
-Mars

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 04:54:34 PM »
And!!!!!!!!!!
Referring to the "delete your items" page on the wiki I thought we could start a green scheme or something like like where we have a uniform and patrol the area making sure everyone deletes their stuff. I'm afraid also that you'll find several things up at 500ft, because this was the original destination for SkyLounge@500 however we had to move it due to lack of teleports. Unfortunately in the process we had to leave several ships and some walls, will try tro rectify it but thought that the fact teleports don't work after 200 ft needs emphasising.
Thanks for the grant with money btw
-Mars

Offline Decimus Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 04:57:34 PM »
the fact teleports don't work after 200 ft needs emphasising.
So that's why I ended up in the intro area when I tried to teleport myself 50km into the air :p
(I accidentally put an object up there, above the Scho-op... whoops... But it's only 1 prim, so it won't slow stuff down much)

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2007, 01:07:49 PM »
Would like a business section, (in the sky, coz i was at the meeting on wed and realised that we'll still have to build in the sky) where people can set up and run their business. Busibase maybe? Dunno bout the name but would like the permission please.

Mars :-)
-Mars