Author Topic: Hi - Newbie here  (Read 2302 times)

Offline Alethia

• View Profile
Hi - Newbie here
« on: April 10, 2007, 11:03:01 AM »
Hi, I am Alethia (in-world only)

I've just got a SL so still in the very basic stage yet. I hope to visit the schome island soon.

I came here from a home ed workshop my child attended.

In the real world I am la translator and editor/proofreader, however, I trained as a Montessori teacher just for the love of it (since I knew I was not going to work on it but home ed my child), learning has always been my passion.

Looks like I am in a good place!

see you around.

Offline kieron

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hi - Newbie here
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 02:14:30 PM »
welcome Alethia,
looking forward to meeting you in-world and hearing your ideas. what do you think oif our wiki entry foir Montessori-does that match your experience?
kieron

Offline Alethia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 04:55:30 PM »
hi kieron, I did add my reply to the Montessori post.

alethia

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 08:31:52 PM »
Hi Alethia, welcome to Schome.

Most of our activity at the moment is on Schome Park on the Teen Grid - so you're unlikely to find us in Schome Base on the main Second Life grid at the moment.
Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox

Offline Alethia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 09:52:08 AM »
Hi Fox

I had realised that. I hope you are having fun :-)

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 04:58:02 PM »
Hi Althea - welcome to the schome community (and thanks for posting an intro message).

If there are home educators in the 13 to 17 year old age range who would be interested in joining the activity in Schome Park (our island in the Teen Grid of Second Life) then there is an opportunity for them to do so in May - we have funding from Becta to extend the current pilot and we are keen to bring in some home educators ....

I'm also hoping that activity on SchomeBase (our island in the Main Grid of Second Life) will pick up in the very near future ....

and - perhaps even more importantly - that the discussions about what we want from our education system (leading into our visions of schome) will be stimulated by the recent publicity in the Education Guardian ....

PeterT