Author Topic: Action plan  (Read 7463 times)

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
Action plan
« on: January 26, 2007, 06:47:55 AM »
Attached is the current 'priority list' for things that need to be done inworld before the migration.
SL Players should check the list to see what they should be doing.

If you think I've got this wrong or forgotten something then yell ...

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Activity signup sheet template
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 07:12:24 AM »
I've created a draft of a template that I think we could use for folk in Schome Park to sign up for activities.

I have gone for a low tech model - basically a wiki page that folk can edit.
So the organiser of an activity would create a page and paste the code for the template into it. They would then edit the bits in italics to tell folk about the activity. Anyone who wanted to take part in the activity could then add their name to the Participant list on the right.

Of course the danger is that folk mess about with the info - but the AUP should make it clear that this is not appropriate - and we can use the History to provide evidence of breaches ....

Thoughts - suggestions - enhancements ???

PeterT

Offline mgaved

• View Profile
Re: Action plan
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 01:14:20 PM »
Looks good to me.  Keep it simple to start with for sure. It's likely a little bit of wiki gardening will have to go on as students accidently put their names in the wrong places, etc, but I think that will just be a small task for convenors / wiki build team to deal with.

Convenors, your thoughts? Are all convenors happy to edit wiki pages at a basic text level?

Teen Second Life: Mark Sparker / Second Life: Redmark Hax

Offline kieron

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 04:26:34 PM »
I like the idea of this and it looks great. It appears simple enough for even me to use as a  template. I might struggle a bit at wiki text level. As Mark asks will the conveors be ok here. Could ask them at the convenors meeting or invite them to use the template as part of their preparation of actvities for their group.

khairoun

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 02:24:26 PM »
Here's a few thoughts from wandering round today.

It all looks amazing and these are all minor things/pretty low priority, but I thought it would be a good idea to not them down somewhere.

Thanks, Khairoun

-----------------------

General
- There was an odd crying noise quite a lot. This happened after I got the popcorn, perhaps those two were connected events!
- Could perhaps be more teleport signs around the island pointing to various things?
- At the moment I definitely noticed labels for the sandbox and reception, might be interesting to have additional labelling for places at least initially if you are trying to point people to places

Signs with web-based information
- Could there be some info that comes up when you touch these about why they might be out of focus, and how you are able to zoom in and out

schome Events board i various places
- Currently showing January

Scho-Op
- Not able to buy things, even though $0 and even though I have some $
- Should signs have schome-NAGTY info rather than schome?
- Avatar names on the pictures in Sch-Op  are not the TSL ones

schome Reception
- Can some info on each area be given when you touch the pictures of each area (as well as being able to teleport to them)
- Induction session info is out of date

Eduserve meeting pod
- Is it possible to rename this?
- Can the image be altered to remove the eduserve email?
- Can the image be altered to remove the eduserve calendar link?

The Plaza
- No signs near The Plaza saying what this is, what it's for
- Is there a wiki-page for The Plaza?
- The Plaza image thing shows images of places in normal SL - Should these be shown? Is this the photobox?

Sandbox
- Signs saying have fun but remember the AUP would ideally link to the AUP or repeat the AUP info somehow
- Info boards not current - might be better to be schome-NAGTY or AUP
- Round and round thingy - what does this do?
- Is there a wiki page for Sandbox?
- Like the height detector. I am 5' 8"

Cannon
- No signs near Cannon saying what this is, what it's for
- Is there a wiki page for the Cannon?

Post-it note board
- Love this
- Does it have a name? Could it have its name on it somewhere.

Physics area
- Magic carpet help didn't work and couldn't fly it (this might just be me!)
- Satellite navigation board says 'title here' above it
- Not sure what 'Sketch of the analytical engine' does

Meeting pod(s)
- Are there names for these?
- Might be useful so people can arrange to meet there

DIY Photobooth
- Not sure what this is/how to use it
- Can there be a wiki-page for it?

Offline Dan

• View Profile
    • Dan's Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 03:11:50 PM »
Cheers Khairoun, very useful indeed.  I’ve highlighted below the things I can and will be actioning.

One general comment however, my personal feeling is that we shouldn’t document, billboard and teleportise (I know what I mean) every single area/feature of the island.  We should definitely do the main ones, but my preference would be to allow the students to do some exploring, and decide for themselves how best to use a space (like the Plaza, or Schomehenge).

-----------------------

General
- Could perhaps be more teleport signs around the island pointing to various things?
- At the moment I definitely noticed labels for the sandbox and reception, might be interesting to have additional labelling for places at least initially if you are trying to point people to places
Both points duly noted, I’ll have a think about best to fit this into the overarching design – hmm, a plan is already coming to mind.  Estimated completion date, hopefully this weekend but no promises.

Signs with web-based information
- Could there be some info that comes up when you touch these about why they might be out of focus, and how you are able to zoom in and out
Poor image was uploaded –me using new software- I’ll be looking to improve any such signs asap, estimated completion, definitely this weekend.

schome Events board i various places
- Currently showing January
All events boards top priority INCLUDING granting modify access to convenors, estimated completion time sometime between 11pm tonight and 1am – or if I really have to sleep, 10am tomorrow.

Scho-Op
- Avatar names on the pictures in Sch-Op  are not the TSL ones
Indeed there are a few tasks here already noted and on the list.  The signs take a bit longer as they also need a UUID gathering for every avatar in order to make the online status script function, and to date rarely any of the Schome Park avatars have been on when I have been on.  Estimated completion date, some over the weekend, some next week.

schome Reception
- Can some info on each area be given when you touch the pictures of each area (as well as being able to teleport to them)
- Induction session info is out of date
On the first point I think the approach will be to add more images to the ‘wiki’ board but to use it as a pointer to the actual wiki - .ie. ‘view this in your browser’ as that will provide the best experience for the student. On the second point yes out of data, hopefully updating all this will be much easier when the aforementioned permissions issue is resolved, estimated completion time, this weekend.

The Plaza
- No signs near The Plaza saying what this is, what it's for
- Is there a wiki-page for The Plaza?
- The Plaza image thing shows images of places in normal SL - Should these be shown? Is this the photobox?
See cover note at top reg explaining use of every area.  I’ll remove the image board, it was ‘modified’ to become the photo booth but no longer has relevance in this form and in this location, estimated completion time, tonight.

Sandbox
- Signs saying have fun but remember the AUP would ideally link to the AUP or repeat the AUP info somehow
- Info boards not current - might be better to be schome-NAGTY or AUP
- Round and round thingy - what does this do?
- Is there a wiki page for Sandbox?
- Like the height detector. I am 5' 8"
Quite a few things to change here, AUP link can be made to web.  New boards will go up over weekend to help support people in creating content in the sandbox. Old-style boards will come down. No wiki page, no explanation.  Estimated completion time, mostly this weekend.

Cannon
- No signs near Cannon saying what this is, what it's for
- Is there a wiki page for the Cannon?
I built this thinking it might be useful as a design for Olly’s cannon – although I then failed to suggest this to anyone – can be deleted or shall I leave it as an ‘interesting oddity’?

Post-it note board
- Love this
- Does it have a name? Could it have its name on it somewhere.
This was bought on the main grid and I’m pretty sure is going to be useless once it is full.  I’ll put on the ‘development roadmap’ the design and build of a replacement, estimated completion time, to be decided.

Meeting pod(s)
- Are there names for these?
- Might be useful so people can arrange to meet there
Well one is named Schomehenge, the other two are in the “could do with a little love” category, maybe we hold off on advertising them until they have been improved.  Maybe these fall into the ‘don’t explain just let them be used’ category?
SL: Woop Superior (MG) / Woop Kamachi (TG)
RL: Dan

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 03:54:50 PM »

No - the schome-NAGTY TSLP is just one of the things that is/will be happening on Schome Park so it would not be appropriate to brand it as schome-NAGTY - it should be branded as schome.

However, if we wanted to have a schome-NAGTY noticeboard somewhere that would be fine - though I suspect that the most useful function such a thing would provide would be for 'breaking news' which is already published on the schome-NAGTY schomepage.

PeterT

Offline mgaved

• View Profile
task breakdowns - sharing
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 04:41:07 PM »
Hey all

fine list Martha/Khairoun - it's great to have an outside perspective, there's some things in there because we're all so familiar by now with the space that we've forgotten need tweaking etc.

Dan - you've de facto evolved in to Chief Architect, and I must admit sometimes I feel hesitant about jumping in and working on the space because you've created such a wonderful vision and I don't want to be at odds in the style /overall vision. For your own sanity please delegate - happy to chip in where I can - for example right now me and Faji have one student signed up for sessions 1,2, and 3 tonight so we'll be kicking our heels in there, potentially 5 or 6 hours of construction time we can use.

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: task breakdowns - sharing
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 04:44:20 PM »
for example right now me and Faji have one student signed up for sessions 1,2, and 3 tonight so we'll be kicking our heels in there, potentially 5 or 6 hours of construction time we can use.

If you have time could you try to sort out the things in the Scho-op?
Might need to liaise with Kieron ...
Schoming Pidgeon has copies of them all ...

PeterT

Offline mgaved

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 04:56:46 PM »
Sure, I could go in as Schoming Pidgeon - you ok with that Faji? doesn't look like we're going to be too busy tonight.

Also - PeterT - have you had a chance to look at the re-skinned forum? I've done schome-dev in the "Parma Violets" colour scheme of the wiki. If you approve I could switch everybody over to it so there is more graphical coherence between the wiki and forum. I've still to finish off a few buttons but the backgrounds are there.

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 05:32:42 PM »
Sure, I could go in as Schoming Pidgeon - you ok with that Faji? doesn't look like we're going to be too busy tonight.

Also - PeterT - have you had a chance to look at the re-skinned forum? I've done schome-dev in the "Parma Violets" colour scheme of the wiki. If you approve I could switch everybody over to it so there is more graphical coherence between the wiki and forum. I've still to finish off a few buttons but the backgrounds are there.
I suspect that you won't have any students tonight - cos though their avatar names have been set up they cannot actually get in yet ....

My forum is almost all mauve (except the menu bar just below the news/search bar) - looks good to me.

PeterT