Author Topic: The SLog  (Read 22340 times)

Offline Vigo Forager

• View Profile
Re: The Schomebook
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2007, 02:32:57 PM »

I'm wondering whether it couldn't be hijacked as a more general project management/scheduling tool - might explore that .... in the context of the migration from SchomeBase to SchomePark ...

With so many (micro) tasks at the moment I am interested in anything that could improve productivity. If you decide to use it it's quite easy to create a new project only for the migration and to assign tasks to people.

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
Re: The SLog
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2007, 11:46:44 AM »
I'm stuck on the Slog.
I've followed Vlad's 15 Jan link
http://www.schome.ac.uk/slweb/home
and his 1st Feb link
[http://www.schome.ac.uk/slweb/]
Neither of these lead anywhere.
Apparently there should be something I can pick up in the Scho-op, but I've looked all over the place and can't find anything.
Where do I find the instructions on how to Slog?
Rebecca
Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox

Offline mgaved

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2007, 11:48:43 AM »
Hi Rebecca

http://www.schome.ac.uk/slog/

takes you to a login page

Teen Second Life: Mark Sparker / Second Life: Redmark Hax

Offline Vigo Forager

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2007, 03:07:01 AM »
Hi guys, please wait a little bit since I am refactoring the whole (well the name changed, so the address changed, and additional parameters where needed for nagty which conflict with the ones from the beginning, etc). Therefore it would be better not to bother right now. I am finishing the registration system and then back to improve the slog object.

Offline Jen

• Socratic Shepherd enjoying the Japanese Garden!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2007, 01:19:22 PM »
Vlad has developed a facility - which we are calling the Schome Notebook (or SchomeBook or SchomeNotes???) - that allows folk inworld to type info that is saved in an external database and displayed in a webpage.
Cool. Is this how we can keep transcript logs of conversations had in Schome Park?

Excuse the novice.. :-\
Jen

NB 19-Feb-07 Edited by PeterT to put back in the [/quote] tag so that the quote and Jen's response were seperate
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 12:04:22 PM by PeterT »
Dr Jen Booth
Ethics & Philosophy Forum

Offline Vigo Forager

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2007, 04:01:33 AM »

SLog's nagty registration system is ready! it wants testing: http://schome.open.ac.uk/wikiworks/index.php/User:Vladtn#18_Feb_2007_-_Registration_System

... and a nicer skin...

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2007, 12:07:30 PM »
Vlad has developed a facility - which we are calling the Schome Notebook (or SchomeBook or SchomeNotes???) - that allows folk inworld to type info that is saved in an external database and displayed in a webpage.
Cool. Is this how we can keep transcript logs of conversations had in Schome Park?

SLog allows you to save messages out to a webpage from inworld - you have to preceed the info you want saved by a code (which I think will be SLog:) - so not really for capturing discussions inworld so much as taking your own notes.

If you want a log of a discussion inworld then you either need to select and copy the contents of your chat history or use a chatlog tool (which I'm sure someone else could explain better than me ...). Remember that you must have the consent of everyone involved in a discussion to save the chat history or chatlog. Good plan to ask folk at the start of the discussion to confirm that they are happy for a log to be kept of it.

PeterT

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2007, 12:13:13 PM »
SLog's nagty registration system is ready! it wants testing: http://schome.open.ac.uk/wikiworks/index.php/User:Vladtn#18_Feb_2007_-_Registration_System

... and a nicer skin...

Had a play - all seemed to work well - email arrived etc. We need to check the sequencing against the registration spec document.

Nice one Vlad.

PeterT

khairoun

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2007, 12:19:20 PM »
Hi

Thanks for opening the registration test up - that's great.

I am not quite sure how to test. I tried my own name, and a made-up Schomer name - both said 'User not found'

I haven't done an end-to-end test, but there may be a few areas of difference from the process document we've been collaborating on. I'll list what I think these are now:

- Real names (first or given) should not be entered here
- Email address should be entered to match with and pull up records
- There should not be an opportunity to change email address here (suggest that in case this is a problem, a Nagty Student Services address can be given to change the email record Nagty have)
- Viewing and agreeing to the AUP also needs to take place at this stage
- Password chouce also comes in here (my test didn't get to this stage)
- Confirming date of birth - this isn't on the process doc, but could be v. useful.

Thanks

Khairoun

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2007, 05:38:21 PM »
I haven't done an end-to-end test, but there may be a few areas of difference from the process document we've been collaborating on. I'll list what I think these are now:

We had a meeting of 'the web team' today at which we sorted out exactly what we are doing re the registration process between now and the 1st March (when we hope to be ready to post out info to students so that they can sign up for their avatar names). I suspect that the gang will be so busy actually implementing what we agreed that they won't initially spend much time documenting it in here - though clearly it will all be appropriately documented for the students (and future use ...) once we've got through the current workload hump.

PeterT