Author Topic: Happy New Year  (Read 2225 times)

Offline Bee

• View Profile
Happy New Year
« on: December 31, 2006, 08:27:33 PM »
Wishing you all a wonderful year and lots of creativity and imagination for the Schome Project. My school year starts early February and I was wondering whether not to involve some of my students in the SL Teen Grid.

Warm regards from Brazil,
Bee
(Bee Kerouac in SL)

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
Re: Happy New Year
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 09:46:30 AM »
Hi Bee - two into messages is going it some - I've put a link here to your first one in case anyone wants to find out more about who you are!   lol

Best way to find out about what Second Life has to offer is to get in there and play yourself - you are very welcome to join us on SchomeBase (our island in the Main Grid) and/or join our discussions about what we are thinking of doing in Second Life (see SchomeBase plans and Project proposals).

PeterT

Offline Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 03:44:26 PM »
Let me tell you that I referred your project to Vance Stevens (Webheads in Action) and he mentioned it in a paper that has just been published. Check it out at:

http://www.homestead.com/prosites-vstevens/files/efi/papers/metsmac/metsmac_secondlife.htm

Warm regards from Brazil,
Bee

PS - I am starting to enjoy SL but still find it very very time consuming and heavy to load. I managed to get dressed though without spending a cent, attended some conferences online (very much like in RL unfortunately) and learnt some tips and tricks. I will try to find you next time I log in.

Offline Dan

• View Profile
    • Dan's Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 04:00:20 PM »
Hi Bee, and thanks for the mention of Schome.  The exciting thing is the project is still very new and fresh, and I'm sure a few months down the line from now we'll have a very active island and will have had some very interesting experiences.
SL: Woop Superior (MG) / Woop Kamachi (TG)
RL: Dan

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 06:29:15 PM »
 8) Wanted to add my thanks to Dan's - the publicity is much appreciated.
and to echo the thought that a few months down the line we should have a considerable amount of activity within Schome Park and SchomeBase and lots of data about 'impact' related to the work on Schome Park. So things can only get more interesting ....