Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1366 times)

Offline saorlab

• View Profile
Hello
« on: December 08, 2007, 11:18:48 AM »
I'm a Media and English teacher at an 11-16 school in Eastbourne.  I have resp. for the website and am involved in student voice initiatives we have started to collect opinions and data through our VLE and are looking at other ways for students to communicate and engage, include skype.

I was surfing for information on virutal environments just thinking about having our student council meetings in a virtual world when I came across schome. 

That was a couple of days ago.  I emailed PeterT and want to have a look around.  What should I do now - I haven't joined SL is that the next step?
saorlab

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 01:47:19 PM »
Hi saorlab - welcome to the Schommunity.

Sorry for the slowness of my response to your emails - to be honest I only check the info@schome.ac.uk account every other day or so.  ::)

Would be great to get your school council folk involved.

Getting familiar with how to do stuff in Second Life - whether that be moving around, organising a discussion or building and scriptings - is a good plan.

The client software is identical for the Main and Teen Grids of Second Life - so stuff you start to learn to do on the Main Grid will be useful when you get to the Teen Grid.

The recruitment process is summarised in the wiki

Feel free to ask questions ... perhaps using the following boards:
  • General discussions about Schome Park to talk about general stuff to do with the Schome Park Project and how you and/or your students might get involved.
  • Second Life help to ask for techy help about using Second life
  • Help to ask for help about using the Schommunity website (wiki, forum)

Enjoy ...

PeterT

Offline Jpskater777 Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 02:08:54 PM »
Hello nice to meet you and welcome to the schome community  :D
-Jpskater777

Offline saorlab

• View Profile