Author Topic: Photo booth  (Read 6549 times)

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
Photo booth
« on: December 20, 2006, 05:18:11 PM »
What about having a photo booth on the plaza (the meeting place near the reception area)?

Would allow folk to get a picture of their avi - which they could post on a website and start to blogg/bliki

Would encourage folk to think about their appearance - feeding into some of the activities about identity ...

In real-world folk seem to get fun out of photo booths.

I recon we could do it using the Snapshot tool and the ALT-camera facilities. Would need a room with changeable backgrounds (perhaps using Dan's interactive noticeboard for backgrounds). Then need a button you press which runs a script that changes the camera position (ALT-left click equivalent) and focusses on the place where the avis are with the selected background behind them. If we were clever we could pick up the name of the person clicking the button - and use that to save the filename?

What do you recon?

Offline Dan

• View Profile
    • Dan's Blog
Re: Photo booth
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 06:20:23 PM »
Remember how you mentioned the list of things to do was getting ever longer?  Have you noticed that you add more to it than anyone else?  >:D

Indeed a photo booth could be a good idea.  I've certainly noticed that other places have this kind of facility, so it must be possible, and presumably holds some level of appeal.
SL: Woop Superior (MG) / Woop Kamachi (TG)
RL: Dan

khairoun

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 09:20:29 PM »
I hope its ok to make a few 'brand' type names for things potentially planned for Schome Park, to see if other people will join me in making suggestions. And cos its fun...

Here's some for a Photo Booth:
Schome Park Snaps
Schome Pix
Schome Snaps
Klickers
Fotoschop
Fastpix
Schotography Schometography
White Lies Photos (I saw a tiny photo studio in Pune called this and it made me giggle)

any suggestions?

khair

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 06:06:30 AM »
I hope its ok to make a few 'brand' type names for things potentially planned for Schome Park, to see if other people will join me in making suggestions. And cos its fun...

Here's some for a Photo Booth:
Schome Park Snaps
Schome Pix
Schome Snaps
Klickers
Fotoschop
Fastpix
Schotography Schometography
White Lies Photos (I saw a tiny photo studio in Pune called this and it made me giggle)

8) We are very into brand - hence SchomeBase, Schome Park, Schomehenge, etc - so keep them ideas coming ...

Re the PhotoBooth how about Schomography???? (though I guess that is a photography replacement ... so not quite right for the DIY booth - DIY Schomograph?

Hmm ...  :-\

PeterT