Author Topic: Skate Park?  (Read 18318 times)

Offline Achilles Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
Re: Skate Park?
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2007, 07:53:45 PM »
yea

(i suggest this thread is perhaps moved to events co-ordination, this is an archive forum)
My posts are like buses...you wait days for a reply then they all come at once!

Offline Jpskater777 Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2007, 10:20:15 PM »
ok great
-Jpskater777

Offline Emodalek Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2007, 07:58:10 AM »
. Could you tell us a bit about them? How do you get elected and what do you do?

Yes Emodalek, your experience is vitally important - I very much envisioned us using a 'virtual' skate park as a place to examine the political and social implications of building a park in RL. As we all know, physically constructing the park is the EASY part. Getting a community to OKAY ITS EXISTENCE is the real work.

I'd love for you to get involved so we could model or simulate the political debates - remember, a group here is trying to get a park like this going and understanding those positions/views would be immeasurably helpful.

We could have people play the parts of angry residents, politically-minded public servants, die-hard sk8ers, local businesses, it could be so much fun!

What do you think?

Yankee

in answer to fox's question, i got involved in the youth council through my school. we operate like a main town council but focusing on youth stuff, and we do community work in youth areas of the town.

following on from yankee's point, at least in the park i worked with, there were no angry residents, it was thought up BY poloticians, the skaters loved it and it was but an extention for what was already there inside an existing well used park so buisnesses were hardly affected. however, we are quite lucky because we have good comunications between different age groups in the town i live in. it's an extra good thing for the community. if people want the roles that yankee suggested then my experiece will be harder to implement.

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2007, 09:15:18 PM »
Sounds really good. Does every UK town have one?
Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2007, 09:50:28 PM »
nope I for one know that my local area dont have one

Topper

Offline Emodalek Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2007, 07:13:48 AM »
the government funds the conty, district and town councils. town councils can choose to set up youth town councils to manage the youth budget, apply for additional funds or grants and take responsibility for youth projects.

we sometimes do additional fundraising and spend it all on facilities for the town, these are often in the form of a competition.