Author Topic: Welcome to SPii  (Read 166766 times)

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
Welcome to SPii
« on: June 27, 2007, 05:42:45 AM »
This board is where new SParkers can initially meet existing members of the community and find a buddy who will show them the ropes in SPii.

If you are a new SParker then you should post a message in here telling people a bit about yourself - but remembering that you must not give away an personal info (you should only ever use your avatar name, and you should keep secret things like where you live, where you go to school, your email/MSN details).  This is a public board - anyone with internet access can read it.

Check out the Schome Park buddies page in the wiki for more info about buddies.

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to SPii
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 04:21:51 PM »
I've just signed up two new members - jitiner and Galad - if you are watching this jitiner and Galad then Hi and welcome to the schommunity.  :)

The gang (hope they don't mind me calling them that) are looking forward to finding out about you and showing you around in Schome Park - so go ahead and post a response to this message to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself (remembering not to give away any personal info that might let someone locate you in the real world.

Peter T

Offline mgaved

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 09:48:08 PM »
Original Sparkers - can we keep this thread reasonably clear of in-jokes and chat amongst yourselves, the idea was this would be a place where new Sparkers could post up introduction messages and you could respond with welcome messages... I've moved your messages to a separate thread in this board.

thanks
Mark
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 09:52:00 PM by mgaved »
Teen Second Life: Mark Sparker / Second Life: Redmark Hax

Offline Martin SParker

• SP team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 03:00:25 PM »
Hi

I am new to Schome Park/SPii. I have done a lot of sailing on the Main Grid and have sent a sailboat to the ferry(wo)man to bring into Schome for playing, racing, experimenting. I am fairly awful at editing (It was three months before I found out how to move an object!) but have done lots of sailing in RL (including racing) as well as SL.

I am also interested in the physics discussions (are we still doing that?) but anything really that looks exciting! Oh, looking at some discussions, maybe I should give the ferry(wo)man my working parachute: it was very useful for base jumping from outer space...

Anyone like to Buddy me?  Pretty please?

Martin

Offline Explo Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
  • Nice, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 03:26:41 PM »
Well, I like sailing and have raced quite a bit (mainly for the county youth sailing), as well as being extremely keen on physics and politics, so I will be your buddy if you wish, but Topper has pretty much the same interests as well, so you might like to talk to him, especially as I'm away over the weekend.  :)
'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.

Offline XxDaisyLouxX Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • Kerrmiit :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 03:31:42 PM »
I'll buddy anyone :) I am just a bit random, beware :P
So if anyone wants a buddy, here I am :)
Daisy x
I'm back!

Offline Eli L

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 07:59:49 AM »
Hi All,

I've just received my avatar, and have spent a little time in SecondLife - in fact just enough to realise I'm going to need quite a bit of help to get to grips with SPii.

If anyone would be willing to be my buddy - I'd be very grateful  :)

Eli

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
  • :-)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 08:03:56 AM »
I'm up for anyone, I've met Pigment, so maybe I could buddy Pigment.
-Mars

Offline Dudefish Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 09:18:55 AM »
Hello,
I am Dudefish. I'm not sure how to log in or create an avatar yet.
Please could somebody tell me how?
Thaaaaaaaaaaaanks

Offline Trixxiee Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 09:43:06 AM »
Hello,
Thaaaaaaaaaaaanks
Well, someone should offer to be your buddy soon (I'd love to, but I have problems getting into Schome Park), so for the meantime I'll help you. If you haven't done so already, you need to download the Second Life client (the program used to get into Schome Park) from here. After that, you'll have to wait until someone offers to be your buddy before you can log in, but it's perfectly simple: just type your name (Dudefish Schomer) and your password into the login section on the client, and you're away. Your avatar will already be created, and your buddy will tell you how to change what it looks like, as well as a lot of other stuff. :)

Trix
On hiatus until further notice. Will be checking in occasionally.

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
  • :-)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 09:53:59 AM »
You CANNOT get in without your buddy Dudefish, so I'm afraid you'll have to wait.
 :-\

Welcome to Schome Dude, I'm mars. :)
-Mars

Offline lizit SParker

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 10:02:55 AM »
Hi people - or should I say avs - I'm another newbie to schomepark, though I've been playing quiet a while in the main grid. I'm told I have an avatar ready for me, just haven't managed to log him/her/it into the system yet  :(

Interests - um - pretty eclectic really.  Sort of stuff going into my trunk is a covered wagon, tepee, bbq set ...

Anybody up for being my buddy? - and any other suggestions on what to bring with me?

lizit (all lowercase!)

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 10:08:17 AM »
Hello,
Thaaaaaaaaaaaanks

You cannot log in or create an avatar at this point - once you have got a buddy and added info about who your buddy is to the Schome Park buddies page in the wiki then I will set up your avatar. You can then log in to Schome Park (ideally at the same time as your buddy so they can show you around and introduce you to folk).

If you are not sure how to add your info to the buddy page - then ask your buddy!    :o

PeterT

Offline Dudefish Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007, 10:10:45 AM »
I already have the main grid client

is it the same one that I need or a different one for Teen Grid?

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 10:18:27 AM »
I already have the main grid client

is it the same one that I need or a different one for Teen Grid?

It's the same client - when you log in it takes you to Schome Park - but I haven't set up your avatar yet.
I will do that as soon as I notice that you have filled in your buddy info on the Schome Park buddies page ... near the bottom of the page ...

I clearly need to clarify my email to folk!