Talk:SP Government: Building Department
It's horrible and illegible. Please change it back.
- Katharine - I prefer constructive critiscism - how can we improve it, not "I hate it" --Marsbar9 Schomer 19:24, 12 August 2007 (BST)
- I do agree with Mars. I appreciate people worked hard on it (and personally I like the new look but even if I didn't....) --Julia G 21:38, 12 August 2007 (BST)
- It's an ugly shade of blue, features arbitrary use of colour, has spelling errors, is less legible, messes up the wiki's consistency, is inconsistent within the page itself, and manages to completely evade the only bit that actually needed to be reformatted (the regulations, which should probably be sub-sub headings under a single sub heading, and don't really need to be in preformatted code blocks) - Katharine Schomer 00:31, 13 August 2007 (BST)
- In designing accessible web pages it's best to stick to high contrast between text and background colours (one reason why black on white and white on black are so often used on the web). Naturally a coloured or textured background adds some style, but that usually only a valuable addition when it doesn't make the page harder to view for people (for instance) with visual impairments that might struggle with low contrast screens. The titles on this page for example are particularly low in contrast (eg. 'Welcome to the Building and Planning Wiki page') being a shade of grey on blue. --Dan 11:20, 13 August 2007 (BST)
- I read somewhere (I can't remember where :p) that black on white is the easiest colour to read, and white on black is actually slightly harder to read... Also, I agree that the extra formatting is not helpful (as well as what Katharine said, it squashes the page up a bit - I'd prefer it full-width rather than in two columns); also, the page is a bit long - I'd suggest moving the regulations to a separate page.
- And, after a while, some other sections of the page may also want to be split to separate pages - the prim counts, for example, when we have a lot more. --Decimus 14:46, 13 August 2007 (BST)
Nice page well kept etc.