Living and learning safely with the net
(This is the public version of this course - see the discussion tab for background info)
This will be about issues to do with keeping yourself and other people safe whilst working on this course ...
2 Web technologies
2.1 What are web 2.0 technologies
Follow this link and explore … What are web 2.0 technologies
Ideally this will be an interactive web form that you fill in – when you've finish you will be able to click a button to get a summary of what you need to do next.
As a starting point we may just have to go with a nice table that folk fill in and then work out for themselves where their development needs are ...
Parents and professionals working with learners of all ages. Eg teachers, youth workers, educational professionals, students, early years practitioners, adult educators, ...
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of web technologies and how to use them safely ad effectively.
Knowledge and Understanding
- To understand current and emerging web technologies and their applications
- To understand the educational and collaborative potential of web technologies
- To understand the issues related to safety and the need to safeguard users
- To have knowledge and understandings of relevant legislative frameworks
- Applying your knowledge and understanding to the safe use of the web in a range of contexts
- To be able to describe, analyse and synthesise knowledge relevant to the effective use of web technologies
- Learning how to learn
- Critically evaluating and using information
Practical and professional skills
- To have developed your practical and professional competence in using web technologies
- To be able to locate and critically apply relevant legislative frameworks
- To demonstrate creativity in applying web technologies safely in your personal and/or professional contexts
- To demonstrate an awareness of relevant ethical issues