PeterT 20:38, 4 September 2007 (BST)
Sharon - I tried to respond to your email but the reply bounced - so have pasted it in here instead ... I have had a go at doing this – basically I have done a number of things (which you are more than welcome to undo if you don’t like it):
- I added a heading ‘My Bliki’
- I reversed the order of the two most recent items (so that the most recent stuff comes at the top)
- I created a new page which has a hot link to it from near the bottom of this page (if you edit this page you can see how I did that)
- I moved all the bliki entries for 2006 from the current page to your bliki archive page
If you don’t like it then go to the history tab and roll it back.
Great to see you are still using the wiki – looking forward to hearing more about your experiences of home educating ...
Next time you might get a quicker response to your question if you post it in the forum - the Help discussion would be the best place (I know that the forum is a bit daunting cos of the amount of posts - but as lots of folk read it you would get quite a quick answer normally).
PeterT 06:02, 22 November 2006 (GMT)
Would it be better to put your page in reverse chronological order - so that it went:
- New entried added here
- Jip, the Cleverest Dog in the world 21/11/06
- High Culture ... closed for the winter 20/11/06
- Woodland Adventure in the Dark 19/11/06
- Barbary Pirates 16&17/11/06
- Birthday fun 15/11/06
- Young fu of the upper Yangtze 13/11/06
- PeterT 06:14 14 November 2006 (GMT).
The advantage of this approach is that folk don't have to scroll miles down to find the most recent stuff - more like a blogg in that sense .... What do you recon?
Lillbjorne 16:30, 13 December 2006 (GMT)
Sorry for taking so long to reply (and hope this is the right place to do it? Will you get this message?!) I am trying now to catch up with all my computer stuff after being ill. I did think to begin with that it didn't matter because it's easy to just click on the link and go straight down to the latest entry, but I realised as it's getting bigger that the latest entry is going further down a long list, so it might make sense! I noticed Alex-rider's bliki is being done this way now, and it looks good. When we get to grips with the PDA we're hoping to upload some photos and possibly video clips. (What larks, Pip!)
Brill - thanks for responding so rapidly to requests below ... PeterT 06:00, 3 November 2006 (GMT)
Hi, thanks for adding stuff about Charlotte Mason.
- Could you be persuaded to fill in a bit of info about yourself on your user page - which might include your name and a bit about your interests ....
- Could you be persuaded to join the schome community forum discussions - sounds like you have a lot to offer to the community ....
PeterT 06:38, 2 November 2006 (GMT)