User:Trixxiee Schomer/Tutorials/Uploading an Image
How to edit a page | How to create a new page | How to Upload an Image | Basic formatting on the wiki | Tips for a good wiki | Basic formatting on the forum | Basic guide to the SL interface | How to make a basic t-shirt in SL | How to use the forum calendar
How to upload an image in the wiki
Before you start, make sure you have uploading rights for the wiki. If you don't, please send PeterT a private message
1. Click the 'upload file' link from the site navigation on the left-hand side of the page (under search).
2. Browse your computer to find the image you wish to upload (it must be of .jpeg or .png format). Rename it if you wish and click upload. (You must own the image you are uploading or have permissions from the copyright holder)
3. Go to the page you wish the image to be placed on (see how to edit a page), and click 'edit'. Find where you want to place the image, and type the text in the image below into it, changing the file name and the description (remember to make the extension match your file too):
4. You will get something that looks like this:
5. Well done, you have now uploaded an image! If you would like to put this image in a table, please see basic formatting tutorial.
Note: the image does not have to be a thumbnail. If it is relatively small, you can leave out the bit that says '|thumb|' and just have it as