Talking café stool
Return to Second Life help
Making your café stool talk
This page assumes you have already made a café stool.
Of course, you don't need a café stool. Try it with other items you have made.
- Open the INVENTORY at the bottom right of your screen.
- Select CREATE then NEW SCRIPT.
- Double-click on the NEW SCRIPT in your inventory scripts folder.
- The new script already has a basic script in it.
- At the moment it says 'Hello avatar' to passing avatars.
- It says 'Touched' when anyone touches it.
- Decide what you would like your café stool to say.
- Change the words in speech marks.
- Save your script. After a little while it should say 'Compile successful!'
- Right-click on your new script in your inventory, select RENAME and rename it.
- Drag your script from your inventory onto your café stool.
- The script starts working immediately.
- Touch your stool and see what happens.
- Your café stool talks!