Below is a draft story script for the Time Travellers Gothic murder mystery - Initial draft by Pigment SParker (and Ahoy SParker)
Please add your comments at the end of the script...
Intro: See scene 12 (could start with Murderer in Prison...) or...
SCENE 01: Wide camera shot of the Railway travelling across England.
SCENE 02: Extra shot/ panorama view of the train travelling
SCENE 03: Inside the Train:
• walking shot along, tracking the corridor. Train is crowded, language everywhere. People chatting.
• Extra scene: close up, two ladies, talking about violence and fear
• Extra scene: medium shot of train through tunnel, dark, but lot’s of whispering, children noise, crying...tension!
SCENE 04: The night of Saturday, 9th July 1864.
• Wide shot of station platform. 9.50 p.m. train from Fenchurch Street on the North London Railway arrived at Hackney at about 10.11 p.m.
• Close up of newspaper boy, old newspaper, showing the date… Saturday, 9th July 1864.
• Medium shot: passenger leaving and boarding
• Two bank clerks enter an empty first-class carriage and sit down
SCENE 05: Inside the Train
• Medium shot, one clerk showing blood on his hand
• Close up shot of clerk in a panic
• Jumping up, calling the guard
• Guard running down the corridor
• View around the carriage, blood … (guard who made an examination of the compartment and found blood all over the cushions and on the off-side door)
• Medium shot of Guard - finds a black beaver hat, a stick, and a bag.
SCENE 06: Outside the train
• Outside: close up of guard, very properly, locked the door.
• Wide shot watching the guard leaving:
• Medium shot of guard calling/telegraphed Chalk Farm Station
SCENE 07: (Is this scene necessary?)
• Wide shot of train arriving at Chalk Farm Station
• Medium of guard meets station master
• Police arriving???
• The carriage detached and sent to Bow for examination and the hat and other articles were handed to the Metropolitan Police.
SCENE 08: The victim is found, on train tracks
• Wide shot: Train driver stopping
• Leaving train
• Close up: Finding an unconscious injured man
• Top O Morning Pub: Mr Briggs dies of his injury
SCENE 09: News scene
• Close up…Newspaper spinning, classic style...reward...
• Medium shot of street: People busy walking
• BOY CALLING: EXTRA EXTRA…and so on…Hackney Gazette sign...'Police take search to New York'
SCENE 10: Medium shot - on ship
• bow of ship (with name 'Victoria') pans to Muller standing
• close-up of ticket (destination New York) in hand
SCENE 11: Muller gets arrested
• Wide shot: police arrest Muller
• Close up: Muller’s face
• Medium: Mullerr struggling, taken to the police car locked up
• Wide shot: police car drives off along the long street
SCENE 12: Prison (could start with this scene ...then reminiscing)
• Medium: Muller, walks up and down, claiming his innocence
• Close up: shouting: ???
SCENE 13: Court Room...background audience required
• Wide shot - zooming into Muller on stand
• Close up: Muller’s face (pronounced guilty)
Synopsis: Final text (or audio narration) synopsis..Muller hanged, Instigation of Muller Lights on all new railway carriages etc...
Add comments below this line.