SNP - signup help
How do I edit a page in the wiki?
- You need to be logged in before you can edit a page (see How do I log in to the wiki?).
- Make sure you are looking at the page you want to edit (eg the page for the induction session you want to sign up for)
If you are using a tabbed browser such as Internet Explorer 7 or Mozilla Firefox, you may find it easier to open two tabs, one on the page you are editing and one onto this help page so you can swap between them, editing one and using the help info on the other. Make sure you don't accidentally edit this help page :D
Alternatively, you could open two different browser windows.
- If you are logged in to the wiki then click on the 'edit' tab which should be visible above the title of the page. This will take you to the edit page.
- To add your name to an induction session or other SNP group session scroll down the page until you see text that looks something like this:
'''1''' Someone Schomer <br>'''2''' Someoneelse Schomer <br>'''3''' REPLACE_THIS_TEXT_WITH_YOUR_AVATAR'S_NAME <br>'''4''' REPLACE_THIS_TEXT_WITH_YOUR_AVATAR'S_NAME <br>'''5''' REPLACE_THIS_TEXT_WITH_YOUR_AVATAR'S_NAME <br>'''6''' REPLACE_THIS_TEXT_WITH_YOUR_AVATAR'S_NAME <br>'''7''' REPLACE_THIS_TEXT_WITH_YOUR_AVATAR'S_NAME <br>'''8''' REPLACE_THIS_TEXT_WITH_YOUR_AVATAR'S_NAME
- Highlight the first entry that reads REPLACE_THIS_TEXT_WITH_YOUR_AVATAR'S_NAME and type in your avatar's name (firstname and secondname).
- Edit the summary box at the bottom of the edit panel - put in something like '<avatar's name> place 3' (where you replace <avatar's name> with the name of your avatar and replace 3 with the place number that you have signed up against. (Doing this will help everyone to make sure that no-one deletes anyone else's name from the list)
- Click on the Save page button.
How do I log in to the wiki?
Above the title for this page (SNP - signup help) you should see a menu running horizontally across the page. Click on the last item in that menu which should say create and account or login.
Then enter your username and password and click on the Log-in button
- schome-NAGTY Teen Second Life Pilot folk should already be registered for the wiki (and forum) - with the avatar name (including the Schomer bit) and password that they originally chose.