Assault course designs
It was suggested that we created a game for schome park at a gamers meeting in sp1 the idea that came up was an assault course with various different levels
The educational benefit of this would be teaching the new sparkers how to get around and in turn give a sort of tour of schome park (the course could be adapted to go round some of the main features but don't worry, I wouldn't build anything that gets in the way of the main areas)
Lower Building Development
This is a developed idea of the version submitted towards the bottom of the page. Please give feedback here Personally I think additional roof decor is required in order to stop this design being blocky.
draft 1 upper building
draft 1 lower building
quick explanation, this design was based at 40m wide and length with 25m height this can change obviously more intrested in like of design than space atm
right heres three pictures for the ground level design, just a quick drawing but you can get the idea
- The colour here is sandstone (or a bad impression of it)
- golden glass - really like this design
- normal glass
the old design
The course length (and prims required) would very much vary due to landscape issues
so... here's my very quick draft
ahem right, better explain it the obstacles shown is one suggestion of a continous course, not all things here have to be built
1. the course starts near scholympia at the green mark there, the first task is walking, and basically a new version of the old blue boards walk, the final board has a moving beam which teaches people to jump
2. at the next black area is the first "base" which is an entry to the course (coded door for entry?) also there is a yellow mark whch is an item that gives a reward so there is a point to doing the course
3. same as before but more tougher (maybe some other obstacle's I haven't thought of?)another reward here
4. the next area teaches flying, and they have to get from block to block, reward after third flight (suggestion: flight feather?)
5. from here, less equipment is required, if the marina was located at the long red mark then an idea for a task would be to sail to the volcano island using the boats that would be provided.
6. a challenge at the volcano? maybe the zip line that was mentioned in the enviroment thread?
7. another reward and a mental challenge perhpas a labyrinth
8. at this point my current ideas are out so i finished the course but other people can suggest ideas?
the course is pretty flexible so i'm welcome to any ideas!