Author Topic: Physics Group  (Read 5229 times)

Offline Explo Schomer

• Nice, eh?
    • View Profile
Physics Group
« on: June 18, 2007, 05:48:05 PM »
It would be very useful to have a specific physics group, with whom physics related scripts, objects etc could be shared, It would also make it easier to call meetings etc. However, rather than starting a new group, we could use the Knowledge Seekers group as we are essentially seeking knowledge. Does this sound sensible?

As an additional note, the experimentation area is set up at 200,200,180 (it would be 200,200,200 but flying gets annoying at about 190m  ;)). At present there is only one experiment-a set of balances with two weights. These are shared with the Knowledge Seekers group and are also fully copiable, modifiable, for sale etc.
'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.

Offline Decimus Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
Re: Physics Group
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 05:53:18 PM »
(it would be 200,200,200 but flying gets annoying at about 190m  ;)).
If you ask pretty much anyone, they can give you a flight feather, which lets you fly to any height you want...

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 06:12:26 PM »
Could I place a SSF wing?

Topper

Offline Explo Schomer

• Nice, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 06:22:05 PM »
Okay, the experimentation platform is now at 200,200,200-so if anyone can see it from ground level I will be very suprised. :D

Could I place a SSF wing?

I don't see why you shouldn't. The platform is for anyone who is interested, so feel free to add anything you want, and that applies to everyone.
'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 06:32:52 PM »
Great!!!!!

I really hope to step SSF up a gear in SPii (when I get in that is lol). I would like to get more involved in physics in SPii.

Topper

Offline The Professor

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
    • Schome Wiki User Page
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 09:47:08 AM »
I would like to get more involved in physics in SPii.

Me too- I never really attended any of the Physics sessions in SPi, as they were usually in the middle of the day. But now, as school is over for me, I should be able to make more...
If at first you don't succeed, you fail, and the test will be terminated.

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 10:10:19 AM »
The SSF wing has been built! It has a few physical prims on at the moment. I hope to put my enclosed arwea on soon.

Topper

Offline Spiral Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 12:23:21 PM »
Could I Just Ask, Is This Group Still 'Active'??

I Would Very Much Like To Be A Part Of It.

Offline Marko Schomer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 06:47:22 PM »
There's still work on physics, though at the moment it's mostly by individuals, and there haven't been any group meetings for quite a long time. The current projects are the investigation of forces required to break SSF, and the creation of an SSF powered train. You can pick your own area of research, or ask someone doing physics (me, Topper, and Explo, I think). Look on the discoveries page to see what we've already researched into (here)

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 07:07:33 PM »
For me, the work of the Physics group is one of the big successes of Schome.

When you carry out work on forces at school, you're rediscovering things that people have known for a long time, maybe centuries. You're not ever going to find out new things about those forces (well, not at school, anyway) and you're not ever going to discover a new force while at school.

When we started the physics strand we thought it was going to be all about method - about finding out how scientists work together and about how they carry out experiments. I don't think we ever expected that you would find a new force.

And now that the Schome Strange Force has been discovered and, to some extent, investigated - it is being put to use!
I find this awesome.
Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox