Author Topic: Hello from Emma  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Emma

• View Profile
Hello from Emma
« on: November 17, 2006, 04:58:34 PM »
I've been lurking in the dark corners of Schome for a few weeks but, after some encouragement, am venturing into the light to say 'hello.'

I'm Emma Heseltine and I'm a PhD student in CREET, prior to which I worked in secondary schools and with teacher training students.  Despite having IT skills that would definitely qualify for a 'statutory assessment,' I am interested in how technology can support learning.  My main reason for being interested in Schome, though, is to explore alternatives to our current prescriptive education system and its attendant emphasis on 'hoop jumping.'

Assuming that I've done this right and it gets posted, I will just have lost my message board virginity......

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
Re: Hello from Emma
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 05:02:21 PM »
I've been lurking in the dark corners of Schome for a few weeks but, after some encouragement, am venturing into the light to say 'hello.'
Assuming that I've done this right and it gets posted, I will just have lost my message board virginity......

:) Welcome Emma - glad you got up the courage to post - the first message is always the most scary.

PeterT