The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
December 02, 2020, 06:59:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: How good at staying safe do you think you are? (online and in SL)                                                                                  Please remember polls are totally anonymous so don't be afraid to put what you really think
excelent
Good
Fair
Poor
Would be better if I had more information

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your online Safety poll  (Read 9673 times)
An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2007, 03:56:08 PM »

And I'll be sure to shove all of you away so I can be in it!  lol
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2007, 08:42:11 PM »

And back on topic...

I'd like to see the Safety Department going into more detail on its wiki page about online safety.

People have been very good about keeping to the AUP while on the Schome website and not revealing too many personal details. New residents in the future may be not so web savvy - and some more details might be useful for them.

Obviously many SParkers are members of social networking sites such as MySpace and Bebo and there you're unlikely to have a moderator breathing round your neck if you include personal information. However, remember that if you or members of your network flag up anywhere that you're part of the schome community it becomes fairly straightforward for people to link information contained about you in your postings on these forums with information you have put up elsewhere.

And I think we should warn any SParkers who have their personal information up anywhere on the web to avoid including their exact date and place of birth. I know it's tempting - and people have done it in (now deleted) posts in the forum - but it makes you SO traceable.

Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox
An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2007, 03:27:36 PM »

ok phew, It seems I have been doing everything in this dep. Well I only just created the page yesterday so I haven't been able to fill it to the brim with content.
Hoping to get more info in today.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 03:31:33 PM by →ƒªz← » Logged
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2007, 09:01:03 PM »

I should have said - eventually.

It wasn't a demand for the instantaneous production of complex wiki pages.

Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox
An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2007, 03:26:59 PM »

Thats alright. I think I made some good progress yesterday anyway  :)
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2007, 06:35:38 PM »

Looking good, Faz. Thanks for your hard work.

An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2007, 03:36:52 PM »

I work for play  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: