Author Topic: Physics Session  (Read 3695 times)

Offline Explo Schomer

• Nice, eh?
    • View Profile
Physics Session
« on: May 02, 2007, 11:11:31 AM »
There hasn't been a physics session for quite a while so I was thinking about holding a meeting on Friday, about 4 until 6. It would just be an opportunity to discuss findings and suggest future projects because it seems to have stagnated a bit recently and I can't think of anything to test at the moment. Just to get an idea of what things are like at present here's the wiki of what we've got. http://schome.open.ac.uk/wikiworks/index.php/Physics

Please post if you are interested or could make it.
'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
Re: Physics Session
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 11:43:25 AM »
Nice one, Explo.

Here's the sign-up page. Can you add it to the Events page?
Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox

Offline Explo Schomer

• Nice, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 04:38:35 PM »
Thanks to all those that came to the session. I think I explained pretty much everything in at least some detail so hopefully everyone has an idea of what some of us have been doing for the past month or so. Topper is now doing some experiments on the SSF so that is a welcoming sign. Ideas for future projects include:

Extreme SSF-what makes things fly out of the map
Wave forms-how flexible path objects respond to movement
Fusion/Fission in 2nd Life-why not?  lol
Further work on Friction-how material affects friction

On thing I forgot to mention is the wiki address. Look for physics or use the address at the top of this thread. Thanks again.

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 06:25:49 PM »
Looks like there are a lot of ideas there. How are you planning to take this forward? Is another meeting scheduled, or are people going to work individually?
Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox

Offline Explo Schomer

• Nice, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 10:33:03 AM »
Both Topper and I are going to carry on working on the experiments for certain. I'll be working further on friction and Topper will be working on the SSF. We can both ask for help from the other if required. Apart from that anyone who wishes to run an experiment can and it would be helpful if they would say what they are doing on the forums, so we don't get too much duplication of effort. I don't think we're going to be doing anything particularly planned, just seeing what people want to do and organising another meeting if necessary.