The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
November 21, 2019, 01:47:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Information: Nominations  (Read 9997 times)
Wheelo Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 10:41:41 PM »

Scripting doesn't need to be a department - like Decimus said, it could just be a group of people who organise meetings...but wait, isn't that basically a department?  ???
You could argue that a department has leaders...but groups always have leaders, making it even more like a department...on second thoughts, let's keep the scripting department.

I think there should be a building department, to address important issues like effective prim usage, what buildings should be built, which are not needed, etc.

One of the hardcore Schomers who have been in the SL Corps since the great prim wars ;)
(Quote from Flio)
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 06:00:03 AM »

Building and scripting departments in my opinion shouldnt be departmnets....well maybe archetecture should be one....cos that would in volve building great things (and even minor things to) plus making them work....thats scripting

!!Baso!!
Trixxiee Schomer
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2007, 08:27:20 AM »

Architechture and Building are basically the same thing, just giving it a difference name.

I think that making these groups as a department means that it will be easier to organise meetings and things - I guess you could combine Building and Scripting, making it a kind of Construction department, and leave Planning as something different completely?

Trix

On hiatus until further notice. Will be checking in occasionally.
Wheelo Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2007, 11:45:29 AM »

I would have thought that Planning would be included in the Building department.

Also building and scripting are related, but quite different - those who are good at building aren't necessarily good at scripting, and vice versa, so I think it would be better to keep them separate.

One of the hardcore Schomers who have been in the SL Corps since the great prim wars ;)
(Quote from Flio)
Trixxiee Schomer
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2007, 12:36:35 PM »

Okay, lots of people have made some good points about the difference between groups that govern and need to make decisions that impact on the whole community and groups that meet for specific projects or to offer help to others. However, it is clear that we don't all agree and we could discuss the best way forward for ages, which is utterly pointless :P. I know that the plan isn't perfect and we'll probably need to change it as we go along, but at this stage I agree with Marko and Kali - we need to move forward and try out an approach even if it is not the perfect one. Something is better than nothing.

We need to have set up our governance structure soon - and have time to refine it and make sure it is working before the new people arrive. So I am going to go with the plan that emerged from our last meetings (and previous discussions in the forum), and we can review it at a later date if necessary. This is what I set out in the first post in this topic.

Once we have seen how many nominations we get - if there aren't enough then we may need to cut down the number of groups - perhaps merging the Education and Scripting groups or doing away with a group (but lets wait and see what happens).

CLICK HERE FOR THE TOPIC ;)

Get nominating ...   :)

Trix
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 12:42:34 PM by Trixxiee Schomer » Logged

On hiatus until further notice. Will be checking in occasionally.
Decimus Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2007, 04:08:25 PM »

I think there should be a building department, to address important issues like effective prim usage, what buildings should be built, which are not needed, etc.
I said that we should keep the planning department, as it does have a use for the kind of power being part of the governing system gives it, but scripting and building, as they're really only going to be for helping people, don't need it. In fact, they generally won't even need to meet at all.
Marsbar9 Schomer
Coordinator

:-)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2007, 04:13:39 PM »

of course they would - why do you think we've been holding builders meetings? Public awareness and involvement

-Mars
Decimus Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2007, 04:14:36 PM »

of course they would - why do you think we've been holding builders meetings? Public awareness and involvement
That was to do with planning, not building, though.
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2007, 07:59:45 AM »

Well, can i get involed with everyone else...and help them out...but maintain my education department??

!!Baso!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: