Author Topic: Sessions  (Read 5677 times)

Offline Barbie Schomer

• SParkers
    • View Profile
Sessions
« on: March 29, 2007, 08:35:58 PM »
Heya!

I've just come back from a session which i found interesting and enjoyable.  :)
i have some ideas for other sessions

Space travel?
Life on other planets?
Universe?
Speed?

i will think of some other ones later...  ???

Offline mgaved

• View Profile
Re: Sessions
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 08:47:49 AM »
Sound like good ideas for sessions!

Troubleat Mills was talking about working with SParkers to create a fusion experiment. I know some of the folks have set up a marina and there's talk of a sailing regatta - I reckon there's a good bit of physics in a sailing boat race! how about that as a session?

Teen Second Life: Mark Sparker / Second Life: Redmark Hax

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 08:48:58 AM »
'Universe' sounds a pretty broad session. Which aspects of the universe were you thinking of focusing on?
Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox

Offline Troubleat Mills

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 11:19:47 AM »
Would people like some of these as discussion sessions, where people can exchange ideas and we can talk about what evidence there is for the findings etc.??? 'Life on other planets' would be a particularly difficult topic to put a demo to.

We might be able to investigate escape velocity in SL, but we first need to establish the value of g.

How about some of Sparkers getting together and making a pendulum to investigate the value of g in SL :)

Remember that in scientific experiments repeatability will lower the uncertainty of your final result. You will need to repeat the experiment under the same conditions several times and take an average (mean) of all your results. If you want additional accuracy, you could even calculate the uncertainty of your result.

Trouble
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 11:25:22 AM by Troubleat Mills »
Teen Second Life: Troubleat Mills   /  Second Life: (two lives, two names and two different egos!!) Callisto Carter and Maisy Mayo

Offline Troubleat Mills

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 11:56:17 AM »
Here's something for you SParkers to think about and try in SL

If we are to investigate g in Schome Park by using a pendulum, then is it possible to build a rope pendulum?? If not, does a chain using small links work equally well??

Additionally, does fixing a bob (or an apparently heavier object to the bottom of the rope/chain) make the rate of swing any different?? Can you find a way of fixing this bob to the bottom of the chain or rope in the first place?? Time for some inventive thought here!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 12:02:06 PM by Troubleat Mills »
Teen Second Life: Troubleat Mills   /  Second Life: (two lives, two names and two different egos!!) Callisto Carter and Maisy Mayo

Offline Davee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 07:50:48 PM »
Topic suggestion: Observing Climate TRUTHS from space. We could put on a lecture and answer questions about NPL's TRUTHS satellite (see Schome Wiki and http://knowledgecast.wordpress.com/2007/01/18/virtualtruths/) that will improve our understanding of global warming. We might have a debate afterwards on global warming and what it might mean for us all in the future.

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
  • :-)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 06:10:30 PM »
Heya!

I've just come back from a session which i found interesting and enjoyable.  :)
i have some ideas for other sessions

Life on other planets?
Universe?

i will think of some other ones later...  ???

Of course they exist - where did I come from! lol
-Mars

Offline Baso Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Desfrites
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 06:05:49 AM »
As im sure i posted somewhere, i think we should have a range of time traveling builds.
Evidence of glaciation
schomlympia (roman said but it looks /  sounds greek)
A Modern day main street somewhere? A modern day beach next to an old one :P
A future technology space craft built around 500 then moved to 1000 with a hanger and everything. (makes me drool(not literally))
!!Baso!!

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
  • :-)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 06:10:46 PM »
my new project - a street
-Mars

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 06:39:40 PM »
What about a short lecture on SSF (if you havent noticed allready i doo like yhis force!)

Topper