Poll

Which of these best describes when/where you can use a computer to go to Schome Park?

Only in school
Only at home
In school and at home
Other (please post a message to explain)
I can't access a suitable computer anywhere

Author Topic: Computer access - and Schome Park  (Read 4839 times)

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
Computer access - and Schome Park
« on: March 12, 2007, 06:04:05 AM »
We are trying to get a feel for where SParkers can access a computer that will enable them to get into Schome Park (once the registration process is sorted).

Please vote for the option that best describes your situation - if you select 'Other' then please post a reply to the poll telling us a bit more about where you can access a suitable computer.

You could also post a reply to the poll if you have selected one of the other options but want to tell us more ....

PeterT
PS This info will help us decide when it is best to run our scheduled sessions - so your vote is important.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 06:06:46 AM by PeterT »

Offline Decimus Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
Re: Computer access - and Schome Park
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 06:52:55 PM »
You could also post a reply to the poll if you have selected one of the other options but want to tell us more ....
I've put "At school and at home" because my school's G&T coordinator is (supposedly) getting a laptop setup that I can use, but I'm not sure at the moment.

Offline Trixxiee Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 07:34:20 PM »
I've put 'In School and At Home', because my G&T co-ordinator got the IT department at school to download the program and everything, but it's very unlikely I'll have a chance to get on there, since I have a limited lunch time anyway, without all the clubs I do, and no free periods. Therefore, I'm more likely to come on at home, which means sessions in the evenings and at the weekends are best for me.

Trixxiee
On hiatus until further notice. Will be checking in occasionally.

Offline Aladdin Schomer

• SParkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 09:37:36 PM »
I’m only at home. I asked my school, and the IT guy was going to try and set it up, but then they realised the graphics cards used in school were not capable of running the program. (which I find odd as not only do I go to a computing college, but the new computers the school got this years does seem better then my home pc (even when playing games which I never do in school :-X ))

Offline Rowan

• SP core
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 01:15:02 PM »
yes this is odd, Aladdin, isn't it.  It seems my graphics card on my laptop isn't good enough, and I cannot log in when at my day job so the home desk pc is my only route. 
Rowan Falta
Rowan SParker

Offline Vegan Schomer

• SParkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 04:14:41 PM »
I've said other, because I'm home educated and therefore don't have a school to access it from...

Although my laptop keeps freezing up when I run second life and I find it really difficult to move around with it.

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 07:06:34 PM »
Although my laptop keeps freezing up when I run second life and I find it really difficult to move around with it.

If you feel brave you could try looking at 'How to make Second Life run better you your computer' - it is a bit techy, but might help.

PeterT