The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
December 03, 2020, 07:03:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction - pleased to be here  (Read 5129 times)
helend

View Profile Email
« on: October 28, 2009, 02:30:25 PM »

Hello
a recent member of the group , I'm a masters student in France and preparing a presentation on Virtual worlds for my course. I've  been interested in SL for a while now and participated in a very interesting online course about SL and language teaching (EVO - call ) in January 2009 - they take place every year at the same time, so feel free to ask me for more information !
I would be very happy to look at all the work you have accomplished and if you want to ask me anything - just fire ahead
bye for now
Helen :)
Amba SParker

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 11:25:41 AM »

Hello Helen,

Welcome. There are not many people using this forum, so it is probably not the best place to have a converstaion about SL at the moment. Do you belong to any other forums or mailing lists?

A popular one with UK academics at the moment is http://jiscmail.ac.uk/virtualworlds. It is a public list which is free to join.

Amba
helend

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 09:51:30 PM »

Thanks Amba for the info - I will take a look there.
 In fact we have to give a presentation about schome to our course group - so we're busy reading and looking round all the resources.
 I'm very interested in SL and education - so this is  a good opportunity to find out more !
bye for now
 Helen
Amba SParker

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 05:42:02 AM »

Hi Helen,

That is fascinating, why Schome?

When you say we, are you working with a group who are all studying Schome? Where is your course?

You will find a lot of information on the Schome wiki, and some on the publications page. Are you looking at 'Schome' as an idea or are you looking at the Schome Park virtual world research projects?

The mailing list I mentioned has become somewhat HE focussed so may not be what you are looking for. Would be very interested to learn more about your course.

Amba
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 10:23:12 AM »

Thanks Amba for the info - I will take a look there.
 In fact we have to give a presentation about schome to our course group - so we're busy reading and looking round all the resources.
 I'm very interested in SL and education - so this is  a good opportunity to find out more !
bye for now
 Helen

Like Amba I'm intrigued by the requirement to give a presentation on Schome (by which I assume you mean the Schome Park Programme). Would love to have a chance to see/listen to those presentations ...  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: