The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
December 03, 2020, 07:17:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's been a while  (Read 5402 times)
Trixxiee Schomer
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« on: October 28, 2009, 11:20:35 AM »

I wasn't sure where to post this, so into the introductions section it goes!

Hey everybody, long time no see! I notice that things are a little quiet around here as of late, but I thought I'd check in and see how things are going. My eighteenth birthday is fast approaching (just over a week to go!) and I guess that means that I won't be able to come on here anymore, I'm not sure, but it seemed that it was about time for me to come back. My health has been pretty icky over the last year or so, although it's definitely begun to improve again recently, and though it's been a long process, things definitely seem to be on the up. I'm currently studying online, although I'm a couple of years behind where I should be because of my health, and it's going well. I'm also volunteering for AYME, which I'm really enjoying.

What are the plans for Schome for the future, and will there be options for those of us who will be over eighteen to be involved?

I hope that everything's going well, and it's nice to be back!
Trix

On hiatus until further notice. Will be checking in occasionally.
Amba SParker

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 11:58:57 AM »

Hi Tixxiee

Lovely to hear from you! The forum is open to people of all ages. (A few of the staff have been over 18 for some time now  ;)). The island in Teen Second Life is closed at present, though something was mentioned in this topic.

Amba

PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 10:21:35 AM »

Just to add to Amba's post - definitely welcome to stay on in the forum and wiki - age is not an issue here.

You will find that your Schome Park Account will automatically be migrated to the Main Grid on your 18th Birthday.

Nothing going on in Schome Park at the moment - unsure how things are going to develop - primarily because most of my time at the moment is focussed on Vital (see http://www.vital.ac.uk/). I am aiming to link in virtual world stuff with Vital in the future (starting to think about this in early 2010 I suspect). One of my more interesting thoughts is about how we bring in Sparkers to support staff development as part of Vital once we start using virtual worlds ... so watch this space ...  ::)
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 07:34:37 PM »

Just over a week to go? Does that mean it's your birthday today or tomorrow?

Many happy returns!  :lol: Look forward to seeing you on the Main Grid (I'm Marie Arnold over there) and in the wiki and forum.

You could maybe put some info about AYME on the wiki? Perhaps link to it from here
http://www.schome.ac.uk/wiki/Educational_approaches
(I know it's not an educational approach but I think that's the closest fit on the wiki at the moment)

Or perhaps from here
http://www.schome.ac.uk/wiki/Schome
under 'Why do we need Schome'

I'm glad to hear your health is slowly beginning to improve  :)

Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox
An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 12:43:16 PM »

Just to add to Amba's post - definitely welcome to stay on in the forum and wiki - age is not an issue here.

You will find that your Schome Park Account will automatically be migrated to the Main Grid on your 18th Birthday.

Nothing going on in Schome Park at the moment - unsure how things are going to develop - primarily because most of my time at the moment is focussed on Vital (see http://www.vital.ac.uk/). I am aiming to link in virtual world stuff with Vital in the future (starting to think about this in early 2010 I suspect). One of my more interesting thoughts is about how we bring in Sparkers to support staff development as part of Vital once we start using virtual worlds ... so watch this space ...  ::)

Aside from the face-to-face aspect what does the Vital development programme contain that is more innovative than other internet based learning? And what courses/subjects will Vital be running?
Oh and happy birthday! :)
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 09:41:57 AM »

Aside from the face-to-face aspect what does the Vital development programme contain that is more innovative than other internet based learning? And what courses/subjects will Vital be running?
Oh and happy birthday! :)

Good questions - all will be revealed in due course ...  ::) ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: