The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
December 03, 2020, 07:24:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello Schome community  (Read 5278 times)
kat147

View Profile Email
« on: September 27, 2009, 12:16:50 PM »

HELLO EVERYONE :),

I have just joined this exciting community.

I think, Schome is a great idea for encouraging a National model for the introduction of innovative educational concepts and new technologies that support these concepts through pilot projects in which early adopters develop practical pedagogical applications.

I have found Schome to be an exciting place where teachers and school leaders can see and contribute case studies showing pedagogical advantages of adopting new educational concepts and technologies.

I am a strong believer that only the collaborative work of a range of educationalists and relevant workforce would help us make positive changes and develop innovative educational approaches.

I am a researcher and a practitioner in the field of using ICT in education and I have been working on
a pilot teaching/learning project about using on-line educational forums for enhancing students' learning.
I have been using Moodle VLE to create an on-line ICT CPD course for teachers (topic: “High Interaction, Reflection and Peer Assessment Through On-line Educational Forums").

At the moment, I am researching ideas and projects related to Virtual worlds in education and I will be glad to be involved in Schome discussions and initiatives.

I am so happy that I have found this motivating community where everyone is willing to share, to give feedback and to consider the others' feedback and I am looking forward to working with you.

Best wishes,
Kat

« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 01:38:26 PM by kat147 » Logged

„Tell me and I will forget. Show me and I may remember. Involve me and I will understand.“ Confucius 450BC
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 08:14:47 PM »

Hi Kat,
Welcome to Schome.

Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 04:26:42 AM »

Welcome Kat.

Things are pretty quiet in here at the moment - Phase 3 of the Schome Park Programme ended back in May 08 and most folk involved in that have moved on to other things (though many of us are still writing up articles etc about the Schome Park Programme).

To be honest I am spending less time in here too - primarily because of the amount of time I am spending on the ICT CPD Programme (a large DCSF funded initiative to provide staff development re ICT use to teachers (and other practitioners) in schools in England.

PeterT   :)
kat147

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 06:59:22 PM »

Dear Fox and Peter,

Thanks for the greetings.

I agree, we all need to prioritise...

"See" you online when this place becomes busy again  :)

Kindest regards,
Kat  :)

„Tell me and I will forget. Show me and I may remember. Involve me and I will understand.“ Confucius 450BC
An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 07:51:36 PM »

Welcome Kat :)
Amba SParker

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 04:17:39 AM »

Welcome Kat  :)

As PeterT says, it's pretty quiet here, but most of us pop in form time to time and it's great to "see a new face" as it were.

This forum is possibly a bit 'dormant' right now but I like to think that it might wake up at any moment!

:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: