Author Topic: Just a thought  (Read 4442 times)

Offline An¡mus

• SP Global Moderator
  • Original Schomer
    • View Profile
    • Faz's Wiki user page
Just a thought
« on: September 17, 2009, 06:23:24 PM »
Maybe we could get some schome "sessions" running similar to what we had in SPP but as we no longer have access to the park(:() use flashmeetings or other free software that's faster and more social than a forum. Speaking from a personal viewpoint Schome makes learning things more FUN than other things on the internet and more diverse topics could be shared e.g. robotics, astronomy, scripting etc if people are willing to put in the effort to teach and learn.. I'm sure they are. Schome is very dead atm which is such a waste when I remember what a success it was.
Please leave a post if you're interested.. and perhaps contact others that no longer check the forums? :P

Offline KitKatKid Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • Call me Kit :D
    • View Profile
Re: Just a thought
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 10:20:02 AM »
I would be happy to do this, it certainly is a shame to see things like they are now when you think back to the good days, two years ago now!!
KitKatKid Schomer    My Twitter

Offline Miss. Vibia

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Schome user page
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 07:31:30 PM »
Two years?? Wow, they have gone quickly.

I would be interested, although I am unsure on how large my work loads is going to get. Although I have just realised, I turn 18 in less than 2 months.  :-\
We could be heroes just for one day.

Offline Kali Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 09:40:07 AM »
Two years?? Wow, they have gone quickly.

I would be interested, although I am unsure on how large my work loads is going to get. Although I have just realised, I turn 18 in less than 2 months.  :-\

That has gone really really quickly.

And Vibia, aren't you looking forward to your 18th? It is always really fun :)

Offline Miss. Vibia

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Schome user page
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 07:05:22 PM »
Well, it looks like college will actually be shut on my birthday cos of open day which is nice. But I don't think I am really doing anything, it's just going to be like any other birthday for me, although one which means I can't really have anything to do with Schome anymore.  :-\
We could be heroes just for one day.

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 08:44:06 PM »
which means I can't really have anything to do with Schome anymore.  :-\

You could persuade PeterT to sign you up as staff...
Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 06:01:21 AM »
which means I can't really have anything to do with Schome anymore.  :-\

You could persuade PeterT to sign you up as staff...

Would be happy to do that - though it is not clear at the moment how the whole Schome Park thing is going to develop next ... You may know that I recently got a large contract from the DCSF (Department of Education as used to be) to provide staff development for teachers to enhance their use of ICT. Clearly I want to bring in the use of virtual worlds into that - but suspect we are looking at sometime next year before that happens - and I'm not sure what form it will take (though I would like to be able to involve existing Schomers in some way (eg acting as tutors/facilitators)).

PeterT