Author Topic: Writing up stuff about the Schome Park Programme  (Read 7434 times)

Offline Amba SParker

• View Profile
Writing up stuff about the Schome Park Programme
« on: July 05, 2009, 01:20:15 PM »
Hello forum readers!

I have just embarked on yet another 'writing up' adventure. This time about the way in which we interacted with each other and managed learning activities in Schome Park.

No guarantees that I will ever finish it or that it will ever be published anywhere. As always I have a ridiculously short time in which to write it.

However, if you'd like to join in, contribute bits, tell me where I'm going wrong, read drafts or anything at all that might help me, I'd love to hear from you. You'll be properly acknowledged. (This is Schome, after all!  :P).

Amba  :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 01:23:02 PM by Amba SParker »

Offline Amba SParker

• View Profile
Re: Writing up stuff about the Schome Park Programme
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 11:30:23 AM »
No help offers at all?  :-\

I was thinking of putting a table up on the wiki showing a list of projects and who participated in them, to ensure accuracy, but have just remembered how cumbersome it is to put tables on the wiki!  ;)

I'll do it if anyone thinks they might have time to add to it or comment. Please let me know.  :)

Offline Amba SParker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 03:49:34 PM »
Well, I did get three lots of help (1 from someone in SP and 2 from others who have helped me before) so I am going ahead with this.

Most of us are on hols, but if you have a moment, I'd love it if you could tell me which your favourite projects were and when they were active.

There is an approximation here:
http://www.schome.ac.uk/wiki/Projects_table

Thanks
:-)

Offline Amba SParker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 03:52:17 PM »
I do realise that the table on the wiki is not very clear. That is because it was copied and pasted from a spreadsheet which contained merged cells. Hope you can read it OK, but if not, I could probably upload the original spreadsheet somewhere. Thanks again :-)

Offline Miss. Vibia

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Schome user page
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 12:10:16 PM »
I ran some German sessions, I can't really remember when they ran was the problem. If I can remember I'll let you know, it was up until about late Ma/early June I think, but when I started I can't remember.  :-\
We could be heroes just for one day.

Offline Amba SParker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 07:01:45 PM »
Thanks Vibia, that is very useful.

Since that last posting, I dipped into some forum boards such as http://www.schome.ac.uk/forum/index.php?board=43.0 which give a good feel for some of the activities that the main forum users were involved in.

Must update my spreadsheet to include the German sessions. I'll try to upload some more bits and pieces over time.

It's been a lot of fun, looking back and developing an overview of activities and support mechanisms over time. Schome Park was pretty unique!  :)

Offline Amba SParker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 08:44:34 PM »
Hello, happy half term to everyone who celebrates such things.  :)

I am going to be spending some time over this break looking at yet more Schomic stuff, so please let me know if you are around and would like to be involved.

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 09:20:16 PM »
Schomics or schomy stuff?

Topper

Offline Amba SParker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 09:22:44 PM »
Hello Topper!

Schomic can mean the traditional Schomics, but it can also mean something to do with Schome that is a bit 'academic'. (OK, I made that up  :P)

Great to hear from you, how are things?

Offline Amba SParker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 09:28:39 PM »
More explanation:

Basically, it is the same thing that I was working on at the beginning of this thread. I missed the original deadline, but now have the opportunity to work on it again. Really I am looking for people to read the thoughts I have written so far (with a lot of help from a couple of people) and let me have their comments with suggestions for improvements or changes.

Whilst there are a lot of Schome related publications, there is still quite a lot of good Schome stuff that is still not written down anywhere, as far as I know, so just wanting to have a go and keen to get it right.

Offline KitKatKid Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • Call me Kit :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 05:28:55 PM »
I am happy to help you, and I would like to read what you have written so far :)
KitKatKid Schomer    My Twitter

Offline Amba SParker

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 06:04:31 PM »
That's great Kit, Thank you!  8)

I'd asked PeterT about the possibility of sharing on the Schome wiki, but apparently there may be a problem with publication if it is already out in the public domain. We'll have to see if we can add you as a co-author. Will ask.

I'll either upload the work in progress to the web somewhere private and send you a link or I'll post an rtf version in a different thread in a different part of the forum.

Will be in touch.
Amba

P.S. Don't worry about your book chapter contribution either. I think explained that it would not be in the original book it was intended for, but it will make it out somewhere, I promise you. (Before I retire, hopefully!  :lol:)

Offline KitKatKid Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • Call me Kit :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2009, 06:08:15 PM »
P.S. Don't worry about your book chapter contribution either. I think explained that it would not be in the original book it was intended for, but it will make it out somewhere, I promise you. (Before I retire, hopefully!  :lol:)

Haha, that's alright! :P
KitKatKid Schomer    My Twitter