The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
December 05, 2019, 10:45:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Editing Help Needed  (Read 10432 times)
lillbjorne

View Profile Email
« on: April 24, 2009, 11:32:42 PM »

I've posted an entry onto my bliki tonight, but I have several problems:

- I wanted to include a YouTube video, but I couldn't work out how to include it. It currently has the embed code in the text.

- lines of text that I expected to be separate have appeared on a single line.

Lillbjorne
[Clueless & Tired!]
Amba SParker

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 04:12:26 AM »

Hello Lillbjorne

The Schome wiki supports the <youtube> tag, so I have used it to replace the embed code on your user page.

Hope this is the effect you were after?

I wish the solutions to some of the questions you have raised were as straight forward to implement!  :)

By the way, I used animoto for the first time on Thursday - it is a lot of fun!  :)

PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 05:33:51 AM »

Hi Lillbjorne - great to see you returning to the Schommunity in this way.

I have taken the liberty of
(a) formatting some things on your bliki (looked like you wanted some stuff as a bulletted list (which you achieve by putting a * the start of the line)
(b) adding a couple of comments to the very interesting Technoschoolers entry.

Hope you pick up on my suggestion of starting a topic based on the questions you end the Technoschoolers entry with in the Schome Discussions board.

PeterT
PS Thanks Amba for helping re the UTube question
PPS If you want to put a link to a website into a post then you can do that - find out more ...

lillbjorne

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 09:28:08 AM »

Thank-you, that's really great help.

I am not very good at forums! But I will try and get my head around how it works and where to post.
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 10:31:48 AM »

Don't worry about making a mistake - we all do it - its a good way to learn ...  8)
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 03:54:15 PM »

lillibjorne has been on the Schome forums longer than me - seems crazy she still gets tagged a 'newbie'. Time for another update of the labelling system?

Oh, and 'Hi - good to hear from you, lillibjorne!'

Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 06:03:23 PM »

lillibjorne has been on the Schome forums longer than me - seems crazy she still gets tagged a 'newbie'. Time for another update of the labelling system?

Oh, and 'Hi - good to hear from you, lillibjorne!'

Hmm - it is an interesting one - of course the 'label' is driven by number of posts not how long you have been registered for. Of course it doesn't take into account activity in the wiki and in this particular case that would be significant I suspect.

Is there a way to change one person's 'label' without changing the threshold for all members of the community?
Marsbar9 Schomer
Coordinator

:-)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 06:43:23 PM »

- lines of text that I expected to be separate have appeared on a single line.

Hi there, it's been a long time since I've used the wiki, but if I remember correctly it was
:
<br> to break the text to the next line. Hope this helps :)

-Mars
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 07:04:16 PM »

Is there a way to change one person's 'label' without changing the threshold for all members of the community?

I've checked, and an administrator can reset an individual's number of postings - which surprised me because you'd expect that to be under the system's control.

Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox
jamiestone

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 02:33:34 PM »

Thanks all for posting - helped!  :lol:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: