Author Topic: SchomeBase Closes  (Read 8822 times)

Offline Kickaha Wolfenhaut

• View Profile
    • Open University Study Journal
SchomeBase Closes
« on: February 08, 2009, 10:17:28 PM »
A couple of people asked me today why they cannot teleport to SchomeBase, so I went to investigate.

It seems that either I've missed an announcement, or there's either been a communication breakdown or a there's been a serious in-world boob made... Although the Estate Access is set to public on SchomeBase, the newly created 65,000m² parcel is not set for public access.

Upshot: Schomebase is closed.

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
Re: SchomeBase Closes
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 07:27:32 AM »
Sorry folks  :-[ - must admit I didn't realise anyone was still using it - haven't folk migrated to the new OU island? As SchomeBase was desolate and thus presenting a very poor impression of the Schome Initiative I changed the access settings.

I must admit I was surprised it was still there at all - SchomeBase should have been deleted by Linden Lab about a month ago - cos we haven't paid (and are not going to) the annual maintenance fee for this coming year.

PeterT   :-\

Offline Amba SParker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 07:39:44 AM »
Good idea to not renew it. SchomeBase has been presenting a very negative image of the Schome Initiative for some time.

Offline Elsa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 03:04:10 PM »
It looks even worse now that someone has been terraforming so all the landscaping is floating in the air.  I have taken anything I don't have copies of.  As I don't seem to have the About Land rights any more please could someone who does just delete all the remaining objects?

I disagree about SchomeBase presenting a very negative image of the project for sometime, I thought the art exhibition was fantastic.

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 03:47:49 PM »
I was sorry to miss the art exhibition  :(

I thought SchomeBase presented a very positive image when the ReLive conference was on - and enjoyed the balloon tour.  :)
Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 10:03:00 AM »
SchomeBase is gone ... (at least for the time being)

PeterT