The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
September 27, 2020, 04:49:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone know why i cant get inworld?  (Read 7954 times)
Steam Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

The Steam Enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« on: September 08, 2008, 07:54:59 PM »

Does anyone know why i cant get in-world? It keeps on coming up that my password is wrong but i logged on the forum OK!

~> Steam Schomer <~
Marko Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 08:05:34 PM »

Schome park was closed after funding constraints meant staffing couldn't be provided. It's being opened to those involved in two competitions, or in documenting the project. Look in the private area for more details.
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 08:17:34 PM »

The topic Marko referred to is here   8)
Topper Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 07:59:03 PM »

Aye the last day was long ago but i'm back in world :D

Topper
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 08:32:01 PM »

People keep telling me the world's about to end and I'll be grey goo by morning - so it's good we have another world to fall back on  :P

Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox
Faji

Faji Bing

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 08:38:51 PM »

Grey goo? It's worse than that, it's spaghettification for the lot of us, much more painful I fear  >:D

Because I'm worth it.
Spiral Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 09:22:53 PM »

What is all this talk actually about?

I've not heard a thing
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 10:16:16 PM »

"the LHC could create particles that gobble up the Earth, such as "killer strangelets". Strangelets are hypothetical blobs of matter containing "strange" quarks, as well as the usual "up" and "down" types that make up ordinary matter.

If a strangelet were stable and negatively charged, it might begin eating the nuclei of ordinary matter, converting them into strange matter. Eventually the menacing chain reaction could assimilate our entire planet and everyone on it."

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn13555-particle-smasher-not-a-threat-to-the-earth.html

Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 07:19:28 AM »

replica of the millonths of seconds after the big bang is getting switched on at 8 30 am, and many scientest believe it culd creae black holes that would enlarge to gobble up the earth......alll i can say is, it is possible, but incredibly unlikely, its a very controlled experiment.

!!Baso!!
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 08:28:46 AM »

There was a meeting about it on SchomeBase
http://www.schome.ac.uk/wiki/SchomeBase_Science_Discussion_Group_Meeting_2

Topper Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 05:08:25 PM »

"the LHC could create particles that gobble up the Earth, such as "killer strangelets". Strangelets are hypothetical blobs of matter containing "strange" quarks, as well as the usual "up" and "down" types that make up ordinary matter.

If a strangelet were stable and negatively charged, it might begin eating the nuclei of ordinary matter, converting them into strange matter. Eventually the menacing chain reaction could assimilate our entire planet and everyone on it."

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn13555-particle-smasher-not-a-threat-to-the-earth.html

It was black hole hype round me i, spent ages convincing people at my school that the black holes are not going to destroy the world, and that stragelets exist and wont kill us all at (;30 on wednesday (today)

Topper
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 07:01:57 PM »

What has this got to do with the subject line of the topic?
Please can we a little more disciplined about keeping to topic - start a new one if you need to ...

PeterT
In new broom mode  ;)
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 09:05:08 PM »

Seems absolutely on topic to me - of course you can't get in world if the world has ended  >:D :P

PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 04:59:57 AM »

Seems absolutely on topic to me - of course you can't get in world if the world has ended  >:D :P

Do I detect a note of rebelliousness?  :o ::) ???
If so take it to a topic on the subject!  ;) :P to you to!  lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: