The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
June 04, 2020, 02:34:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fraps - help wanted  (Read 4013 times)
Rowan
SP core

View Profile Email
« on: October 29, 2008, 04:22:48 PM »

Honestly I have spent ages looking at my notecards & in the forum and I bet the answers are there somewhere... :-\ or maybe it's difficult ??? (without shelling out dosh that is)

I have a couple of fraps each 30 seconds long taking up megabytes on my hard disk.  I would like to present a powerpoint and show either the whole of the fraps or extracts from them.  I have to do something first definitely to edit the files or compress them in some way as I can't do the very first step of moving them from the hard disk they are on presently to my own laptop.
Any advice would be very gratefully received.

Rowan SParker
An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 05:45:53 PM »

Windows movie maker?
Topper Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 06:14:12 PM »

movie maker can be good but will take a while and often makes the quailty rubbish (on my comp at least). Try using zamzar (http://www.zamzar.com/) to convert the files its the most reliable one i've heard about.

Topper
Rowan
SP core

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 08:54:33 PM »

:o I really cannot believe the things I forget.... thank you so much for the reminder of Movie Maker and the new idea which I will check out.  However in the meantime I spent £2 on some sea shanties and made a little video (very very little in every sense) about Rowan's earliest attempts to sail (before Topper & co helped).  I then got very much into all the schome machinimas on blip and Youtube there is such good stuff.... :D  Thank you again

Rowan SParker
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 08:13:52 PM »

Where can we view your sailing video?

Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: