Author Topic: fraps - help wanted  (Read 3829 times)

Offline Rowan

• SP core
    • View Profile
fraps - help wanted
« on: October 29, 2008, 04:22:48 PM »
Honestly I have spent ages looking at my notecards & in the forum and I bet the answers are there somewhere... :-\ or maybe it's difficult ??? (without shelling out dosh that is)

I have a couple of fraps each 30 seconds long taking up megabytes on my hard disk.  I would like to present a powerpoint and show either the whole of the fraps or extracts from them.  I have to do something first definitely to edit the files or compress them in some way as I can't do the very first step of moving them from the hard disk they are on presently to my own laptop.
Any advice would be very gratefully received.
Rowan SParker

Offline An¡mus

• SP Global Moderator
  • Original Schomer
    • View Profile
    • Faz's Wiki user page
Re: fraps - help wanted
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 05:45:53 PM »

Windows movie maker?

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 06:14:12 PM »
movie maker can be good but will take a while and often makes the quailty rubbish (on my comp at least). Try using zamzar (http://www.zamzar.com/) to convert the files its the most reliable one i've heard about.

Topper

Offline Rowan

• SP core
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 08:54:33 PM »
 :o I really cannot believe the things I forget.... thank you so much for the reminder of Movie Maker and the new idea which I will check out.  However in the meantime I spent £2 on some sea shanties and made a little video (very very little in every sense) about Rowan's earliest attempts to sail (before Topper & co helped).  I then got very much into all the schome machinimas on blip and Youtube there is such good stuff.... :D  Thank you again
Rowan SParker

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 08:13:52 PM »
Where can we view your sailing video?
Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox