The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
December 03, 2020, 07:31:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello all - introducing myself on here  (Read 4726 times)
ThePlague Wirefly

View Profile Email
« on: September 26, 2008, 04:40:41 PM »

Hi All,

Ive met some of you in Open Life but thought I would introduce myself here!

my name is ThePlague though 'plague' is fine (dont ask - its a 'Hackers' (the film) thing!) 

Im currently doing a whole host of courses with the OU though am just finishing off M150, though i have an exam for DD203 in October as well (any fellow DD203 students in here??)   Have to say, loving every minute of it. 

Im not online that often but when I am I like to spend some time in Open Life - Second Life is still a little new on me and its confusing as hell.  Id love to learn more about the complexities of it, particularly the scripting elements and building side.  If there are any events that deal with that I would love to get involved!

Nice to meet everyone anyway and I hope to see you all in world!!

All the best,
Plague :)
Amba SParker

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 08:57:53 AM »

Hello Plague, welcome to the Schome forum.

Schome learners tend to use the SchomeBase_events page on the wiki to publicise their events. You can also receive notices of events by joining appropriate in-world groups. There is one called Schome educators, another called Open University UK and various others too.

I'm afraid I am hardly ever in-word, and even when there am very rarely on Open Life, but I'm sure you'll meet lots of friendly helpful people around.

Hope you'll enjoy your involvement with the Schome Initiative.  :)
Topper Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 05:24:35 PM »

Hi and Welcome.

You will not have met me on open life and are very unlikely to for a while :P. I can't really add much more to amba especially for the MG.

Topper
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: