The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
December 03, 2020, 07:18:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hello my fellow forum schomers;-)  (Read 5993 times)
languagelab

View Profile Email
« on: September 25, 2008, 02:30:06 PM »

hi - i'm new 2 this site + am interested in meeting fellow SL bloggers based in education + learning...
languagelab is me, i live in SL + i hope some of u will check us out.
(myspace.com/wearelanguagelab) (facebook - search: we are languagelab)

i have a question too...
do u think that all this fuss of e-learning/online studies etc is just a fad? is everyone jumping on the bandwagon or do u think this concept really holds longevity?

[Modified: removed website, replaced with name - Animus]
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 11:53:53 AM by An¡mus » Logged
An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 07:51:47 PM »

Hi, I don't blog and do not know what you mean by based in education and learning, but I thought I'd say hello. :)
I think e-learning really does hold longevity, it has so many more possibilities for enjoying learning than in a classroom.
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 12:34:38 PM »

I'm watching this thread with interest - not least cos I'm hoping that his isn't just a very clear attempt at spam/marketing by a commercial site ... (which I have to admit I suspect it is).

If you are for real languagelab then perhaps you could tell us a bit about your interest in the schommunity ... What are you hoping to get out of being a member of the schommunity (other than the opportunity to advertise your commercial website)?

Amba SParker

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 01:36:03 PM »

Hello languagelab

Welcome, I too am looking forward to hearing more about your interest in Schome.  :)

Hello Animus - sincere thanks for removing the link. We normally have a very clear policy of removing all links to commercial sites. I was not sure why this one had been allowed to remain and wondered whether it was because other moderators thought it was of some interest... but was not sure! Had agonised about it for absolutely ages. Thank you for being more decisive than me. Good move. 8)

Amba
An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 09:52:52 PM »

No problem Amba, thank Peter not me. It never even occured to me that someone would try to market a commercial site on here, so I overlooked it until I saw Peter's post.
Amba SParker

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 06:14:16 AM »

lol Thank you Peter!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: