The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
December 03, 2020, 07:04:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevermore  (Read 5394 times)
Kickaha Wolfenhaut

View Profile WWW Email
« on: September 08, 2008, 04:39:17 AM »

Hi everyone.

My Second Life avatar's name is Kickaha Wolfenhaut. Most just call him "Kick", "K" or "Go away."

I can be paged in-world by clicking the bird picture in the Schome nOUbie Centre... just follow the link below.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/SchomeBase/22/227/40/?img=http%3A//i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee17/gregwithnail/ou/secondlife/kickahawolfenhaut.jpg&title=Schome%20nOUbie%20Centre%20Buddy%20Board&msg=Schome%20nOUbie%20Centre%20Buddy%20Board
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 05:07:39 AM by Kickaha Wolfenhaut » Logged
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 05:01:51 AM »

Hi Kickaha - thanks for posting an intro message.

The schommunity website is used by a range of folk - including children. So some interesting child protection issues - one of which relates to the use of 'real names'.

Basically students are NOT allowed to share any 'personal details' (eg real name, email address, where they live, etc). We try to be consistent about applying the rules to everyone equally - though in practice the issues are different for adults and it is pretty obvious who some of the adults are (like me) because they had stuff in the wiki before the Acceptable Use Policy was introduced.

That is a long winded way of reminding anyone under the age of 18 that they must not share personal details - and encouraging anyone aged 18 or over to avoid doing so too ...

PeterT  :)
PS Love the crow picture!
Kickaha Wolfenhaut

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 05:07:51 AM »

Ta-da!
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 07:02:09 AM »

Ta-da!

So you are another early morning person?  :)
Amba SParker

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 08:26:11 AM »

Hello Kickaha!

Welcome to the Schome forum! I know a little bit about some of the work you are doing from other forum discussions and the wiki. Thanks for keeping us posted. Look forward to hearing more as things progress.

Ta-da!

An early bird perhaps? ( :D Sorry, couldn't resisit it) ... am also wondering what interesting bits of personal information I have missed out on by waking up too late!  lol

Seriously though, I do hope that we will revisit the whole anonymity thing at some stage. I feel that whilst it is obviously extremely important for under-18s to remain anonymous, it starts to get a bit odd when groups of adults who are obviously working together in real life as well as on the Main Grid have to remain anonymous for the purposes of this forum (but am not sure ) ???. It sometimes seems as though everyone knows each other except me!
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 09:34:21 AM »

Ta-da!

Only if he's based in the UK or further east - and I seem to remember that's not the case  ???

Also (feeling picky this morning) I think the title of this thread suggests that Kickaha is a raven, not a crow  ??? I think that if I were a raven I might feel a little insulted to be called a crow.

I agree - fab avatar, and I love the associated animations.

Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: