Author Topic: SLEDcc 2008 Machinima-Fest  (Read 4554 times)

Offline Pigment SParker

• SP team
    • View Profile
SLEDcc 2008 Machinima-Fest
« on: September 02, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »
Hello
I took the initiative and introduced Schome to the Second Life Community Conference 2008.
Check out http://sledcc.wikispaces.com/

I submitted 'The Airship Hindenburg'...and here is there response in short/long:

'Congratulations!   We want to show your work at the SLEDcc festival highlighting machinima in education.
Let me introduce myself.  I'm Marianne Malmstrom in RL &  Knowclue Kidd in SL and I'm honored to be working as coordinator of this year's Machinima-Fest.  I am a long time educator and currently work as a tech teacher & integrator at a private middle school in New Jersey.  My passion is bringing multi & interactive media into the classroom.  Like you, I am fascinated by this new mash-up of video and 3D environments and anxious to explore the possibilities of using it with students.
ROUGH DRAFT for SCHEDULE:
Basically your films came in three categories:
Friday:   
Projects on the TEEN GRID
Saturday:
Highlighting machinima created by EDUCATORS
Sunday:
Educational SIMS
Videos playing in the main theater will be set to loop.  At this point, it is not clear if it will be for the entire day, or if you will be assigned to a portion of the day.  I'll keep you posted on this.  The objective is have visitors drop in and enjoy an array of films at any given time.  Of course, we will have schedules and notes available on all films using the information you provided.  I will be asking you to review and update your information as it gets pulled together'

Offline An¡mus

• SP Global Moderator
  • Original Schomer
    • View Profile
    • Faz's Wiki user page
Re: SLEDcc 2008 Machinima-Fest
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 01:24:23 PM »

lol Great! Nice one Pig :) Will they be shown in new Jersey or over here?

Offline KitKatKid Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • Call me Kit :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 01:33:18 PM »
Wow that's great news...press wise Schome is going up in the world!
KitKatKid Schomer    My Twitter

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
  • :-)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 02:33:48 PM »
That's really good :)
-Mars

Offline Pigment SParker

• SP team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 04:12:43 PM »
The festival schedule and the program notes are on following wiki.  It will be there to edit until tomorrow evening. 

http://knowclue.wikispaces.com

Let me know if you wish for any changes!

More information I received:
'The movies have been split into 3 categories.  We will play all 3 categories every day (rotating the times each day).  It will provide each of you with a good amount or exposure and it will give our guests ample opportunity to drop in and view several movies in between presentations.

We will be having a special spotlight on Global Kids Friday morning.   The work they are doing is extremely impressive in depth of content and the opportunity they give students to communicate and collaborate globally.  Virtual worlds and interactive media are powerful tools and looking at GK's work one starts to dream about what the future of education could look like. 

I want to thank you for sharing your work, your willingness to push the envelope and redefine education.  It's been a whirlwind pulling this festival together, but I think it will be worth it.  We can all be proud to be pioneers in this new frontier. '

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 06:57:03 PM »
The festival schedule and the program notes are on following wiki.  It will be there to edit until tomorrow evening. 

http://knowclue.wikispaces.com

Let me know if you wish for any changes!

More information I received:
'The movies have been split into 3 categories.  We will play all 3 categories every day (rotating the times each day).  It will provide each of you with a good amount or exposure and it will give our guests ample opportunity to drop in and view several movies in between presentations.

We will be having a special spotlight on Global Kids Friday morning.   The work they are doing is extremely impressive in depth of content and the opportunity they give students to communicate and collaborate globally.  Virtual worlds and interactive media are powerful tools and looking at GK's work one starts to dream about what the future of education could look like. 

I want to thank you for sharing your work, your willingness to push the envelope and redefine education.  It's been a whirlwind pulling this festival together, but I think it will be worth it.  We can all be proud to be pioneers in this new frontier. '

Looks good to me ...   :)

Offline Achilles Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 11:52:03 AM »
great news!
My posts are like buses...you wait days for a reply then they all come at once!