Author Topic: Schome Park: from my experience (Bas0)  (Read 7207 times)

Offline Baso Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Desfrites
Schome Park: from my experience (Bas0)
« on: May 23, 2008, 07:27:59 AM »
The topic was posted on a nagty forum: does any want to be involved on a virtual platform in second lfie exploring 21st century skills, and being me, i accepted. A month or so later, i was given the name of; Baso Schomer and give the password of **********, which i was to use to go into this, then strange and new world for me.

I didnt have an orientation, like most SL users, or have the choice of my name, a mix up in the post meant it was too late before i could choose my name or subject (there was three back in SPi: Physics, Ethics and Pholsophy and Arceaology..

Withinthe first month or so we had had  over 50 houses, griefers, buildings al over the place and lots of fun.

Things began to improve themselves when we learned how to build porperly, and started to think..what could we do here.

People such as topper and achilles set up a marina, myself and others set up an education area, trixxie and wintermute / hapno / v / dante / doctor (tell me if iv missed one out ;P) set up a library,
faz/animus set up a education center, named second steps, wintermute/hapno/v/dante/doctor set up an AI shop, and it really gave us  a sense of responsability, leadership, ownership, communications, critical thinking, civil thinking and as well as inproving our mathmatical / building skills.

SP2 has become harder for me to thinkabout, because i defy SPii as SPiii also, so you know what happened :P

Now, as i wont be abled to come inworld, ever again, or at least until we get funding, i should really write an obituary of baso but i still have hope that the project will continue.

Lots of pointless things have happened on schome, griefing, arguments over nothing, all that stuff, and i think at the end of this, it is a long way closer to a school than home, school at home rather than not school not home.

I think, if we was to do this again, we should have more independance, any problems , we should resolve it until we ask for help.

I could do a realy good review of about 5k words but idont want to bore myself writing it ;P

I have really enjoyed this, and good bye schome park, good bye all the greate buildings out there, good bye all the avatars i wil never see as virtual presenses again. Good bye schome park.

i will continue to use the forum, though dont expect it to be as frequent as per usual.

Thanks for the last year of my life.

Baso
!!Baso!!

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
Re: Schome Park: from my experience (Bas0)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 10:50:33 AM »
Baso - thanks for posting this - to be honest I'd love to be bored by a really good review of about 5K words ...  ;)

I have very much enjoyed getting to know you (a bit) - and also hope that the end of Phase 3 is a new beginning rather than 'the end' - Phase 4 perhaps.   :)

PeterT

Offline Kathy Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 11:57:50 AM »
Phase 3 would still be "the end." Phase 4 would be the new beginning.
Meep.

Offline Doctor Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 08:44:52 PM »
What of the lack of stuff my cousin was kind enough to bring in? I've only just managed to pay him off for the amount of TARDIS's he sent in, and what happens? Half of one appears in the junkbox of a staff account....
-Doctor Schomer

Acedemician of Cognitex Labs.

Offline An¡mus

• SP Global Moderator
  • Original Schomer
    • View Profile
    • Faz's Wiki user page
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 10:23:52 PM »
What of the lack of stuff my cousin was kind enough to bring in? I've only just managed to pay him off for the amount of TARDIS's he sent in, and what happens? Half of one appears in the junkbox of a staff account....

*finds no relevance*    ...eh?

Offline Alice SParker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 09:08:14 AM »
trying to make sense.. TARDIS  ???

Offline Baso Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Desfrites
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 01:01:59 PM »
Yes, i remeber, you wanetd 7 idnt you...and all we got was the remote controls for the tardis, oh, and i got half a tardis to.....
!!Baso!!

Offline An¡mus

• SP Global Moderator
  • Original Schomer
    • View Profile
    • Faz's Wiki user page
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 01:06:40 PM »

and jetskis, anti-push shields  etc

Offline Doctor Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 01:48:16 PM »
a ton of other stuff as well.

It's interesting to note, but the last time I was on Schome, I noticed most of the matieral there was made by Gene Replacement.

...who is a greifer....

funny old world, isnt it?

-Doctor Schomer

Acedemician of Cognitex Labs.

Offline Kathy Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 01:57:36 PM »
This is because Gene Replacement made the original set of megaprims before the hole was closed (and briefly reopened last week, resulting in the creation of thousands more). To save on prim usage, the majority of SPß was built using said prims (the roof and such).

This topic is splitted. New thread can be found here - Alice
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 02:49:29 PM by Alice SParker »
Meep.