The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
August 04, 2020, 11:52:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New blog  (Read 9242 times)
Achilles Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 06:28:27 PM »

FAJI , you can still post comments!

My posts are like buses...you wait days for a reply then they all come at once!
Faji

Faji Bing

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 08:31:13 PM »

hehe, well posting comments isn't too much of a problem.

I am now changing everyone's email address to a made up one, and changing you all back to authors. So you can start again as soon as I have edited your profile. Give me a shout if you want it done now now now!

Because I'm worth it.
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 10:37:44 PM »

apprantely both fox and katherine happen to to be posting from amsterdam

Yup, just back from the Van Gogh Museum and wondering whether to head to the Stadlijk tomorrow or just to chill in a coffee shop.

Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 05:19:35 PM »

Kathy asked why we needed a new blog rather than the one she had created for us ...

Several reasons I think:
  • wanting to have a www.schome.ac.uk/blog url (though I suspect we could have done that somehow using Kathy's blog)
  • wanting to ensure continuity of service - it is always dangerous to have only one person who manages a core 'tool' cos you are stuck if anything happens to them (they get run over by a bus (or gondala)) or move on to some other project so are unavailable to work on your one
  • inevitable stuff to do with paranoia, child protection and ethics - which may be more to do with paranoia than reality but ...

Frustrating I know ...

PeterT
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: