The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
August 04, 2020, 10:06:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need help!  (Read 2699 times)
Doctor Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« on: May 11, 2008, 12:21:15 PM »

No so much a website problem, as a graphics problem, humor me :P

My high-grade computer for use with Second Life recently lost it's CPU (due to the cooling sink not having enough contact with it) and therefore, Windows XP failed. I had to reinstall the OS (with files intact) the downside is that many applications do not work because they are no longer linked, I could link the apps back up, but that would mean a day of sitting in front of a computer screen.

My question is this; my graphics card drivers were also a victim, and for some reason, if I try to run a progam (that I installed AFTER the CPU's death) that requires me to manually select the graphics applications, it cant find the card. Other programs that just call upon the computer in general DO find the card.
The graphics card in question is Nvidia Geforce2 Mx400, I reinstalled the drivers, but am still having the problem. My tech guys cant find the fault, so I was hoping one of you would be so kind as to enlighten me no the problem, and hopefully, the solution.

-Doctor Schomer

Acedemician of Cognitex Labs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: