Author Topic: Streaming Videos  (Read 9491 times)

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
Re: Streaming Videos
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 09:47:15 AM »
I have responded to Kathy directly - content of which highlighted my concern about her tone  :( - and whilst acknowledging her view that people are being treated unfairly (and her upset about this) I pointed out that we are referring to one group of students who are being allowed to have a supervised 2 hours session this Thursday, which is possible because the member of staff is willing and able to supervise them.

We are not able to provide the 24/7/365 supervision/emergency cover that is required in order for us to keep Schome Park open for free access.  :(

I should also point out that if moderation of the forum becomes an issue then we will have to close down access to the forum and wiki for students' Schome Park Programme usernames.  :(

PeterT

Offline An¡mus

• SP Global Moderator
  • Original Schomer
    • View Profile
    • Faz's Wiki user page
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 04:52:39 PM »
I have responded to Kathy directly - content of which highlighted my concern about her tone  :( - and whilst acknowledging her view that people are being treated unfairly (and her upset about this) I pointed out that we are referring to one group of students who are being allowed to have a supervised 2 hours session this Thursday, which is possible because the member of staff is willing and able to supervise them.

We are not able to provide the 24/7/365 supervision/emergency cover that is required in order for us to keep Schome Park open for free access.  :(

I should also point out that if moderation of the forum becomes an issue then we will have to close down access to the forum and wiki for students' Schome Park Programme usernames.  :(

PeterT

almost sounded as if there was a threat in there :-X :-\

Offline Kathy Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 07:16:06 PM »
That's because there was. Most of what Peter says to me is threats. Threats which have never once been carried out, I might add. Furthermore, he ignored the vast majority of what I said in the message. And completely ignored the response I sent - which I sent two hours before he made that post, so not having received it is unrelated.

SINCE WHEN HAVE WE HAD 24/7/365 STAFF COVER? ANSWER THAT QUESTION, WHICH I'VE ASKED THREE TIMES AND BEEN IGNORED EVERY TIME.

The advantage of sending forbidden sentences in PM is that by the time you've read it, editing out really doesn't help you at all, since you already know what it says. I'd hope the tone of the message made it clear what I think of you, Peter. Failing that, I spelt it out neatly in the subject line of said message.

And Animus really was doing some machinima of some form. I was filming it. :P
Meep.

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2008, 07:21:19 PM »
aye animus was.

Topper

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 06:20:28 AM »
I can see why you perceived this as a threat - it was intended to highlight the fact that with the ending of Phase 3 of the Schome Park Programme our staffing position is now very different to the one we had before (and I acknowledged Kathy's point about there never really having been 24/7/365 staffing cover - but the amount of staffing now is significantly less than there was before).

If students are using their Schome Park Programme usernames to access the forum and wiki then we have to ensure that the level of staffing we provide is adequate (cos of the consent forms/agreements that we have with the students and their parents). Given that we do not have the resource available to put more staffing in place if it proves that the level of staffing that we currently have is inadequate to moderate the wiki and forum then we will have no option than to close down access to the wiki and forum for Schome Park Programme usernames. That is not a threat - it is a simple statement of fact.

My expectation is that the community will continue to self-moderate very effectively within the wiki and forum - and that there will be no problem.   8)

PeterT

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2008, 06:25:21 AM »
Forgot to say - I wanted to remind you that I posted a message a couple of days ago (in the SPP private board I think) saying that I would be emailing the parents of all students who were allocated an avatar in Schome Park for Phase 3 to let them know that Phase 3 has now ended.

That email will explain that with the ending of Phase 3 we have blocked student access to Schome Park but that students still currently have access to the website (wiki, forum, blog). If parents have a concern about this then they are asked to respond to the email. I will of course copy that email to students as well as parents.

I'm still hoping to be able to send those emails out today - if all goes to schedule.

PeterT  :)