Author Topic: Showcasing of teen grid work on main grid  (Read 17166 times)

Offline Amba SParker

• View Profile
Showcasing of teen grid work on main grid
« on: April 18, 2008, 06:43:01 PM »
Pigment and I are on main grid (R, TM, etc). The group Real Life Educators have invited members to view some machinimas in world at orange island done by young people on teen grid. It all looks very good.

It seems like a lovely idea to me, and Pigment and I were thinking, what about doing something like this on main grid ourselves? It would bring our work to a wider audience. Perhaps we could use SchomeBase.

What do others think?

(I missed the beginning of the event, but I think we have some links somewhere deep in our chat logs which we can post up here if you like)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 06:50:29 PM by Amba SParker »

Offline Pigment SParker

• SP team
    • View Profile
Re: Showcasing of teen grid work on main grid
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 07:01:00 PM »
Yes, it has been a great event...;-)
One week machinima conference...
http://www.orange-island.com/

Made some great contacts, e.g. Global Kids and Electric Sheep production (CSI NY produders)

I think for us to organise a symposium would be excellent...

Offline Rowan

• SP core
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 01:48:31 PM »
great idea
Rowan SParker

Offline KitKatKid Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • Call me Kit :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 02:34:28 PM »
So basically, you show machinimas we create in Schome Park, in SchomeBase, for all to see?
KitKatKid Schomer    My Twitter

Offline Amba SParker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 03:27:12 PM »
Yes! And spend time talking about how they were created, the processes involved, challenges, things we learnt along the way and so on.

I did not count, but there seemed to be at least 20-30 people at yesterday's event, from a wide variety of organisations. I think it would be a good way of communicating the work we do, much of which is extremely innovative and would be of interest to others.

If we were to do something on SchomeBase, we could make it clear that we were recording chat logs and then share them with the Schome community afterwards. There seems to be a lot of interest in how machinima can be used to support learning and teaching. It could also be a way of bringing some of the other work we have done as part of the project to a wider audience.

It would involve a minimum of two or three staff (probably more) being on hand to answer questions and lead discussions, and a space in which to show recent work.

However, any such project would have to fit in with our 'grand overall plan for everything'. For example, no point trying to do it when key staff members are busy with important projects such as the Time Travellers, Noel's team's projects, Schome in Space, and so on. What about towards the end of Phase 3? (Or even early in the next Phase  :P)

Offline Ahoy SParker

• SP team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 10:02:16 PM »
If everyone involved in the Time Travellers Gothic murder mystery is in agreement (and it is good enough) then feel free to showcase the machinima when it is done.

Offline An¡mus

• SP Global Moderator
  • Original Schomer
    • View Profile
    • Faz's Wiki user page
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 05:08:35 PM »

and how exactly are we meant to talk about them if it is at schomebase