The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
October 31, 2020, 01:54:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Schome Park blogs  (Read 5808 times)
Kathy Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 03, 2008, 09:47:07 AM »

Since this is apparently the place to post such things, despite the name of the forum, I shall post this here:

All users of the Schome Park Profiles site now have WordPress blogs at theirname.spii.co.uk (e.g. kathyschomer.spii.co.uk). Furthermore, there is a group blog which anyone can post in or edit at http://blog.spii.co.uk.

Login is performed via http://profiles.spii.co.uk, using the same details. If you don't have an account on said site, you should ask me for an attachment.

And I know there's a checkbox that just throws errors if you try unticking it. I'm working on that. I'm also (hopefully) going to add a media browser that lets you insert images from your ┬ÁBlog that have been emails to blog@spii.co.uk.

Meep.
Alice SParker

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 10:57:36 AM »

Thanks, Kathy, for reminding the profiles - I had totally forgotten that! Would you mind sending/giving me an attachment?
I remember it had a peer-evaluation part on Knowledge Age Skills - or am I mistaken?
Faji

Faji Bing

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 03:38:47 PM »

Hi Kathy, and everyone else. We are actually in the process of setting up a wordpress blog for everyone hosted at the ou at something like schome.ac.uk/blog which will be open to everyone.

this would be live now but i got called away because of work for a few weeks. it should be up and running in the next 2/3 weeks for everyone.

sorry for the duplicated work that has gone on.

Because I'm worth it.
Kathy Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 03:43:48 PM »

Okay then. I will now go and delete everything.

Thank you for your time.

Meep.
Decimus Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 04:41:42 PM »

I'd say keep the one Kathy's made - after all, it's been set up, whereas the other one hasn't... (also the fact that, from the looks of it, Kathy's would take up far less space, seeing as it only makes blogs for people who actually log in, whereas making them for everyone would end up with about 80-90% of them being unused)
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 04:40:48 PM »

If you are using the profile tool and/or the blogs Kathy has set up then ensure that you use a different password to the one that you use for the forum/wiki and Schome Park.

PeterT
PS Kathy has done a great job of her blogs etc - feeling bad about the duplication of effort - largely due to paranoia about continuity of service should something happen to K (eg if she got run over by a bus - though she assured me a while back that this was unlikely as she was in Venice at the time!).
Topper Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 04:43:37 PM »

fall in a canal then?

Topper
KitKatKid Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

Call me Kit :D

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 04:49:41 PM »

The annoying thing is the profiles password is just stupid that it gives you, and I will never remember it, and I dont like writing it down as my house isnt exactly a high security prison and my mum is a hairdresser from home so has 5 or so people coming in everyday. Anyway, everytime I log inworld i have to reset my password. Which is annoying because otherwise I cant access anything without going inworld.

I might be missing something ??? - I usually am :-/

KitKatKid Schomer    My Twitter
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 04:53:01 PM »

The annoying thing is the profiles password is just stupid that it gives you, and I will never remember it, and I dont like writing it down as my house isnt exactly a high security prison and my mum is a hairdresser from home so has 5 or so people coming in everyday. Anyway, everytime I log inworld i have to reset my password. Which is annoying because otherwise I cant access anything without going inworld.

I might be missing something ??? - I usually am :-/
You can reset your profile password - go to the profiles, log in, click on Settings (in the your profile menu) - enter a new password (making sure it is not one you use for anything else ...
KitKatKid Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

Call me Kit :D

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 04:54:24 PM »

Yes but you still have to log in to do that. I would do it, but the grid was down earlier and havent checked it yet. Thanks for the tip though.

KitKatKid Schomer    My Twitter
Kathy Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 05:56:45 PM »

I reckon that having a password reset facility in-world is enough for password resets (not to mention that the only information I have about you is who you are in-world, so that's all I can do anyway...)

But yes. I advise you to change it using the password changing form under settings. Indeed, it does yell at you for not having done so every time you reset the password. :p

(Incidentally, if you don't log out it'll keep you logged in anyway, unless you change your password or computer...)

Oh, and I'll be making a change shortly that hashes the password in your web browser, thus proving I can never access it.

Meep.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: