Author Topic: Making clothes, changing hair and creating wings....  (Read 23313 times)

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
  • :-)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: Making clothes, changing hair and creating wings....
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2008, 07:57:13 PM »
* Schome Park Protocol Consultants - Hawaiian Shirts Representatives?

Whatawhats? What do they do? lol

I plan to come along, need to check to see times/date etc first though :)
-Mars

Offline Miss. Vibia

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Schome user page
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 08:00:52 PM »
Ooh.... fashion sense... why thank-you. But dont listen to Topper, he thought one of my tops a while back was chavvy.

Some stuff does not look right on its own, but does look ok when put with something else. Like the chavvy top mixed with the goth jeans did look ok. And I currently have my lumberjack top on!  lol

But, yes Im quite happy to help!  :)
We could be heroes just for one day.

Offline Amba SParker

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 08:02:31 PM »
* Schome Park Protocol Consultants - Hawaiian Shirts Representatives?

Whatawhats? What do they do? lol

I plan to come along, need to check to see times/date etc first though :)

They tell me what to do, and what I might be doing wrong!!  :P

I've never applied for planning permission in my life! In real life, I'd get help from consultants, architects and other professionals. Having never led a strand or even organised a proper activity, I am very likely need help understanding how things are done.

But, yes Im quite happy to help!  :)

Hooray!  :)

Offline Gaea Sparker

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 12:13:48 AM »
He he me fashion sense.... I think i would just like to learn how to make stuff.  To have the flexibility and know how to put my avatar in fancy dress to suit any occasion.  Especially with talk of re-enactments in the history/archaeology strand - clothes making will be v useful.   I have some L$ to upload textures with to help everyone taking part design some clothes if needed. 

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 01:45:32 PM »
Savvy Avvies or SAvvys for those of us who don't want to type all those vvvvvs and want to get the pleural ending wrong ... Once the group name is established let me know and I'll get Develper Schomer to create an in-world group. Also let me know who the officers for the in-world group should be (they will have power to invite others to join the group - and to return stuff etc...)

Do you have thoughts about where you would like space on alpha - assuming you want space on alpha at all that is? (I've chopped alpha up into plots ...)

Offline Amba SParker

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2008, 10:52:47 AM »
Thanks. We’ll confirm our group name after our first full meeting on Friday evening.

I’ve not had a chance to discuss this in any detail with others, but I imagine we would like space on Alpha, yes please. Is there a map of the plots available?

We would like to create:

* Display areas for our work
* A catwalk, ideally with some custom animations (has anyone made avatar animations)?
* An area which can be used to create a variety of customisable settings in which to photograph our collections.

A corner parcel with plenty of natural waterfront / beach area would be ideal.

One of the techniques we will be using, the precision placing of flexi prims, can also be used for creating squid, octopi, sea anemones and other creatures. Some of our future shows may well be best staged underwater.

(The same technique could also be applied to making engine components, fireworks and so on. I have not tried this yet. (I only say it because one of my skirts looks like an engine part))

Also, do you mean plots or parcels? Ideally we would like the group to own the parcel so  that we can set our own media urls. We’d like to make machinima / videos of our collections and have them playing on large screens behind our catwalks during fashion shows.  :P

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 06:01:58 AM »

I’ve not had a chance to discuss this in any detail with others, but I imagine we would like space on Alpha, yes please. Is there a map of the plots available?

Also, do you mean plots or parcels? Ideally we would like the group to own the parcel so  that we can set our own media urls. We’d like to make machinima / videos of our collections and have them playing on large screens behind our catwalks during fashion shows.  :P

I have divided the island up - you are correct I should call these parcels but I happen to have named them Plot 1 to Plot 20 ...

If you set your preferences so you can see parcel boundaries then you will see where they are when you fly over alpha - right click and select About land and you will find the name of the parcel/plot.

Your ideas for what you are going to do sound brilliant ...  8)

Offline Gaea Sparker

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 06:26:57 PM »
Hey, i just went onto the events page and the Savy Avvy thing on Fri has disappeared?  I was sure it was up on the events page before.... :-\

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
  • :-)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 06:30:45 PM »
Ye,  ??? maybe it was accidently deleted when Noel's event was added?
-Mars

Offline Amba SParker

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2008, 07:22:47 PM »
Oops. Just seen this...

Erm...  if you look at the edit history carefully, you will see that it was me. I was having one of my "Oh my goodness I don't even know what I'm doing here in Schome" moments  :-\ and was going to wait until I had calmed down a bit before posting in this topic! (Is it just me? Do others have them too??) ???

We need a very clear space in which to make those prim things, otherwise it is too easy to delete things without meaning to. (As Eli witnessed me doing yesterday)! The current alpha sandbox has a lot of water areas (not sure whether these are being used for anything), and the current beta sandbox is too full. The only place where we can do this is in the empty bits on Beta at the moment (which is where this strand probably belongs if it is going to be staff led), but then was not sure whether Vibs and others are still having problems with lag.

Also, the big problem is, I thought we said at the meeting last week that the reason we were going to have a big focus on activities in the weeks leading up to the end of May was to do with increasing numbers. All the things we agreed such as the more relaxed planning permissions, the simpler entry system and so on were suppossed to generate new Schomers, but I have not seen them in-world let alone signed up to the wiki page. I'm sure the point of this Phase 3.5 or Schome in Spring initiative was not simply to keep the few of us who are involved even more involved, is it?

So yes, we need a big empty space, and we need new people, in my opinion.

Now I am in trouble with my son because I'd promised him earlier today that I would spend less time on the computer during the few days leave I have at the moment! Don't worry, I'm happy deep down!  :)

Offline Miss. Vibia

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Schome user page
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2008, 07:26:46 PM »
I can edit the terrain and flatten it is it is a problem. I currently now do not have lag problems on beta, but I know that some people still do.

Also, with new people coming in, I do know that the system requirements are too high for some peoepls computers. Therefore one problem is that peple sign up, try and get on but can't therefore dont/cant join in.

Offline Amba SParker

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2008, 07:34:08 PM »
Oh, thanks Vibia  :). I started to have a go yesterday, but it was just too time consuming. Maybe if we all did a bit or something...

Thanks. 8)

(Have rather guiltily re-instated the session. Sorry people :-[)

Offline Miss. Vibia

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Schome user page
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2008, 07:36:29 PM »
OK, no problem. I always need an excuse anyway!  ;) lol

Don't worry, we all have dodgy days!  :)

(Some more than others *cough* me *cough*  lol )

Offline Amba SParker

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2008, 07:38:38 PM »
 :)

Offline Gaea Sparker

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2008, 08:10:20 PM »
well i'm still registering batches of students (and teachers - its been a busy one today for that!) So i think if we start the lessons but maybe write some kind of tutorial to go with them for the wiki?  That way n00bs that turn up can be referred tp the tutorials/pictorials and figure stuff out/experiment themselves with the bits they have missed.  I was going to suggest integrating Savvy Avvies with Noels thing, but not sure if she has a designated lesson plan for her students....it also might be too early for UK students to come online?